Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you are wondering this. So I decided to answer the question once and for all. ;)

Five. That's how many! :banana:

Do you think I had any front-axle lift from all that helium?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I applaud your scientific study of the problem. Well done. Now who is going step up to answer the nagging question "How many BBs will fit in the front of a Cayman?"

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Let me guess . . . if you are going to try to "fly" your Cayman over Colorado just to get on a reality show . . . well, it's been tried and it doesn't work.

Very cool experiment!

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
come on now....you can fit more than 5. Think outside the boot...or even if you just wanna use the boot...you could fit...hmmmm lets see about 380, 9 inch latex helium ballons. Just get two 55 cubic feet helium canisters (roughly 23 inches by 8 inches) you might be able to fit another one in there and a few boxes of ballons.

it's all about maximizing your space and being creative on your packing skills...like did you know you could fit 4 bags of mulch in the boot...however if you take the mulch out of the bags first it will hold about 7.843 bags when filled to the tippy top.

Love your pictures....and had a good laugh...for I really never wondered.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, no one has answered the front axle lift question. Did I theoretically hurt the balance of the car?

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
LOL, no one has answered the front axle lift question. Did I theoretically hurt the balance of the car?
I figured it was probably just helping to counteract the weight of the 55lb OEM battery in the front boot - maybe I should consider that instead of my lightweight track battery. :)

However, do I detect the absence of a Schild Lid Protector? Do you realize what damage you could have done to the underside of your front lid doing that?

;)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I never would have guessed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Speaking of the area under the front bonnet, I think it is funny that the plastic trim under the front hood has fins as if they were made more aerodynamic. Is this for less drag while driving with the front hood open?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts