Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove the glovebox to find the source of a rattle in the upper right dash. I have taken out six torx screws. Three on the right, two behind the cupholder and one behind the 12V outlet. The entire right side is loose, but there seems to be a hidden screw (or I'm blind or not pulling hard enough) towards the left.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, found the remaining two screws. I also think that I found the source of the rattle. Two plastic HVAC pieces were no longer connected and the one that runs behind the glovebox towards the right vent had a lot of play and was able to bang around into the various support pieces in the area. I'll find out tomorrow for sure when I drive the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never mind, found the remaining two screws. I also think that I found the source of the rattle. Two plastic HVAC pieces were no longer connected and the one that runs behind the glovebox towards the right vent had a lot of play and was able to bang around into the various support pieces in the area. I'll find out tomorrow for sure when I drive the car.
I am pretty sure I have the same rattle. Did this fix your problem?

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Keep us informed. I might have the same rattle. I am also getting an error for the AC outdoor air valve. I think its 8023.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had several rattles in that area. While you are in there you may want to put some soud deadening on the metal brace below the vent tubes and on the knee support brackets (silver brackets). Those were sources of vibrations that were driving me crazy.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Trying to remove the glovebox to find the source of a rattle in the upper right dash. I have taken out six torx screws. Three on the right, two behind the cupholder and one behind the 12V outlet. The entire right side is loose, but there seems to be a hidden screw (or I'm blind or not pulling hard enough) towards the left.
Please document the process with photos and text and place it into our Articles section, it would be nice to have an article on Glove Box Removal for posterity!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts