Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Nice package! I'd bid $56K and see what happens. Curious about the short ownership; what's the deal there?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The edmunds price doesn't really take into account the price for the options on that car. The MSRP was probably in the mid 70's. He probably paid close to what he's listing it for. I've seen a similar car (a dealer demo) listed for 69k down from an msrp of 80k.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The edmunds price doesn't really take into account the price for the options on that car. The MSRP was probably in the mid 70's. He probably paid close to what he's listing it for. I've seen a similar car (a dealer demo) listed for 69k down from an msrp of 80k.
Actually Edmund does. There are boxes that you can check off with all the different options on it, which I did. I first notice the car on Ebay last July (2009). It had less than 900 miles then, and he already had it on Ebay. I'm a bit skeptical with a car that has been on and off Ebay for almost a year now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in this 2009 Cayman S, and I have appraised it on Edmunds. Edmunds has the car listed for around $50,000 if you sell it back to the dealer, and $54,000 between private parties. The seller wants $63,000 for it, which is obviously too high. And he's FIRM. Any advice on the selling price would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

"ORIGINAL OWNER 2009 Porsche Cayman S in White with Black Full Leather (2000 miles), 19" Carrera S II Wheels (Powder Coated Black $1800 option), 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkuppling (PDK), Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ Dynamic Corning Lights, PCM 3.2 w/ Extended Navigation, Bluetooth Phone Interface, Universal Audio Interface, Floor Mats in Interior Color, Sport Chrono Package Plus.

Other Items Painted Black: Side Mirrors, Side Air Vents, Rear Cayman S Emblem, and Spoiler."
Greetings,

The first question one might ask is why this seller is asking $9K more than the car is worth? You appeared to have done your research and Edmunds and KBB are respectable sources of information. I'm going to assume you have completed your research accurately.

Therefore, inquire why the seller "feels" as if his Porsche is worth more than fair market value. Ask the seller what he paid for the car. Most cars (including Porsche) lose 20% of their MSRP value as soon as they are driven off the lot - regardless of mileage. Hence, if the seller paid $70,000, it is now worth $56,000 ($70,000 - 20% or $14,000 = $56,000).

If the car is in excellent condition and has the options you are seeking, offer a fair price. If the offer is not accepted, move on. You can buy a brand new one for a couple thousand dollars more than his selling price of $63,000.

My advice is simple: Love the deal, don't love the car. People work very hard for their money - invest wisely and let your money work for you. Buy expensive items with your brain, not your heart.

Semper Fi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.