Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with an 07 Boxster S who is likely to sell the car in the near future. I was thinking of asking if they'd be interested in swapping out their PCM head unit and GPS for the CDR-24 in my 08 Cayman. We both have Bose systems so, aside from some reprogramming at the dealer, it should be a fairly easy swap.

Any ideas on how much I should offer them to complete this exchange? It looks like Blue Book retail between the two configurations is between $700 & $1000.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I can't offer any suggestions on what it's worth used. The difference in KBB price probably isn't a good guide though. Same thing as option price vs installing later. New it is around $4K before install. If you bought from a salvage yard I'd expect at least half that.

I'd suggest checking with a dealer with both VIN's in hand to see if the swap is compatible (both ways) before you go to far. IIRC there will be PIWIS reprogramming involved on both cars also.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Wow. No suggestions. Is this just a bad idea?
I agree with Greywolf, no idea what this would be worth on the open market and not sure that either a salvage yard or ebay would be a good guide. If everyhing checks out between the two cars you should be able to make this work, see our Articles section for how to do this since I've swapped in PCM 2.1 for the original CDR-24 that I had, but it did take some time, patience and $. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I paid less than a thousand for mine, and installed it in 30 minutes. I still need to go the the dealership for a minor programming adjustment, but it works well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.