Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greeting from a new member, I have a 2001 Forest Green Base Boxster with a Porsche Sport exhaust, Porsche 18" 3 piece wheels with 75K on her that I love. Despite this I am thinking of trading it for a 2007 with tiptronic. I like the extra airbags, higher seat hoops (my head could hit the hoops in an accident in my 986) and the option of not manually shifting in urban traffic. I understand that Porsche reworked to some degree the Tiptronic transmission in 2007 and am wondering how palpable the improvements are over earlier examples? THANKS!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have an 08 Boxster and the Tip shifts faster than my 02 996 turbo. The first time I drove the Box it was noticeably faster. When I drive both cars back to back, moreso.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 08 Boxster and the Tip shifts faster than my 02 996 turbo. The first time I drove the Box it was noticeably faster. When I drive both cars back to back, moreso.
Thanks, I figured that improvements in shift speed were most likely made. It is good to hear from someone who has experienced these improvements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for articles online that reference in detail the changes made to the Boxster's Tiptronic for the 2007 model year. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts