Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how much should you buy a 2008 (guards red or carrera white) manual base model cayman with 14,000 miles for from the porsche dealership that includes a + 2 year certified warranty from porsche. (what does this cover that the original warranty doesn't?) (only has single owner and has resided in texas)

would like to also know about my own car, i also have a 5speed manual 2008 carrera white /w 9k miles.. it also has PSM, that i purchased cash last april for $46,000 drive out (TTL) did i pay too much? my car also has the extra 2+ certified from porsche dealer (never really realized what it exactly covered besides the regular warranty)

mods apologies if this is in the wrong section, if you can please move this to sales and leasing

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
If your happy with your purchase and it seems you did not get taken advantage of. My advice would be to not re-visit the deal.Kinda like looking in the paper to see if what you purchased is now cheaper 6 months later.Im guilty of this too and all i end up doing is driving myself nuts and acomplish little else.....As for the price on your friends potential purchase,I have not really looked at the market on Caymans for a couple of months now.Pricing has been that volatile,that it is almost a week to week market.imo.Check listings look around and maybe someone else on this site has a better ball park figure.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your happy with your purchase and it seems you did not get taken advantage of. My advice would be to not re-visit the deal.Kinda like looking in the paper to see if what you purchased is now cheaper 6 months later.Im guilty of this too and all i end up doing is driving myself nuts and acomplish little else.....As for the price on your friends potential purchase,I have not really looked at the market on Caymans for a couple of months now.Pricing has been that volatile,that it is almost a week to week market.imo.Check listings look around and maybe someone else on this site has a better ball park figure.......
true, well overall i guess im satisfied with my purchase. it's got the be the greatest machine i've ever driven (as far as gearbox and handling).. and this coming from a guy that drove e46 M3's, SL 500, 650i. I'm usually really good at blue book values and such.. but I just can't figure out if a car being porsche pre-certified for 2+ years really makes a deal much better. (atleast that's what the salesman was focusing on) i just would like the porsche sales guru's to come out and tell me what they think of these deals. many of the private sellers prices are just way different, thats why i have to ask. thanks alot for the response madcow :) appreciate the input

·
Registered
283 Posts
I say you have done well on your Carrera.
Check Autotrader to compare prices when you shop for your friend.
CPO is like a 2 yr extended warranty after the standard 4 yr has expired. Check Porsche's website for details. It costs about $2,000.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A Certified Pre-Owned Porsche (CPO) is a relatively big deal. In essence you are getting a Factory warranty from Porsche (not aftermarket or 3rd party) that covers everything except for wear items (brakes, tires, oil etc). It's a great value and a wonderful peace of mind factor for many buyers. If you have the opportunity to purchase a CPO Cayman vs. a non-Certified I would choose the CPO one every time.

Keep in mind also, that if you purchase a Cayman that is still under factory warranty, the CPO warranty gets added (additional 2 years up to 100k miles) on top of the remainder of the factory warranty i.e. a win win.

I noticed that you are located here in Texas. If I can help either you or your friend during your Cayman search please let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks alot for the responses guys, so the CPO warranty is the "EXACT" same thing as the factory warranty, just an extension. I was thinking there was a bit difference, min coverage. Sorry for sounding really noob, as this is my first Porsche.

And Jput, I'm here in Houston, what do you think of my deal? how much would be selling my car with a CPO at your dealership now?

not sure if there is many Houston Cayman owners on the forum, would be nice to get together for coffee or a fun run (i'm originally from bavarian speed, so i'm sure some of us have already met) Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
. . . not sure if there is many Houston Cayman owners on the forum, would be nice to get together for coffee or a fun run (i'm originally from bavarian speed, so i'm sure some of us have already met) Thanks for the help
Check out the Texarkana forum - there are some Houston members who have occasional GTGs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I live about 90 miles east of you and I do all my business a Porsche North Houston. They are a fine group of guys and gals over there. Call Rodger over there and he'll give you good market values as well as a good deal on a trade-in if you need one. There are a bunch of Houston guys on here, just post in the Texarkana folder and you'll meet a few more.

·
Registered
156 Posts
And Jput, I'm here in Houston, what do you think of my deal? how much would be selling my car with a CPO at your dealership now?
Keyan, with regard to your deal, I believe that the important thing is that you got the car that you wanted when you wanted it. Since you can't go back and renegotiate your deal, don't beat yourself up over the value of your car now. Too many factors weigh into your cars value now, namely the release of the 2010 model.

However if curiosity is getting the best of you, check this link to see our current inventory (we have 3 2008's in stock right now): Park Place Porsche - Inventory - Dallas, Texas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts