Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to change my headlight bulbs today and looked in the manual, says I need to use a socket wrench. So I go look in my tool box and find the center rectangular piece that has the phillips screwdriver and wrench. I am missing another tool to open up the headlights or do I use a combo of these 2 tools?

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
You are missing a tool..it is a long chrome "bar" for a lack of a better analogy...there is a specific space in the tool kit for it...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, I went to the shop where I purchased my car and they gave me the tool.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where in CA are you? If you really need one in the bay area, and need to borrow one, let me know.
Could I take you up on your offer to borrow the tool? I'm looking to upgrade to HIDs as in your other recent post, and just realized today the tool's not in my tool kit. Brand new '09 car... odd. I'm in the Bay Area. Thanks.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Could I take you up on your offer to borrow the tool? I'm looking to upgrade to HIDs as in your other recent post, and just realized today the tool's not in my tool kit. Brand new '09 car... odd. I'm in the Bay Area. Thanks.
Yeah shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah shoot me a PM.
Never mind. Thanks anyhow. I did some searching online, and turns out a 5 mm socket with a long extension gets the same job done. Hope this helps someone else on the forum who gets stuck in the same situation. Finished installing the same HIDs as yours today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts