Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have been looking at purchasing a 993 for the past month or so and then stopped by the Porsche dealer and test drove a 2010 Cayman. What an awesome test drive. I'm now considering a Cayman instead of a 993, probably a low mileage 2006-2008 base or S model.

Looking through previous threads I see that getting PPI is recommended. I'm also wondering how to determine accident history. Is checking CarFax good enough? I'm not an expert on what to look for and am concerned I'm going to miss something. Will buying a CPO give me peace of mind, or is it possible a CPO has an accident history?

Thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
What I would do is call Porsche Financial and ask for the name of the company they use in YOUR area for lease turn in inspections. In my area, I think it's called Autovin... but yours may be different.

Once you have their info, give them a call and hire them to do the inspection of the car you are looking at, they will tell you EVERYTHING regarding body damage... they inspect the paintwork and will pull on certain seals/weatherstrips if needed for hidden tape lines, paint thickness mismatches, bolts that have been removed/repainted, etc. Your finger is one of the best ways for accident detection (trust me) and the guy will teach it to you.

Hope this info helps!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Definitely do not rely on Carfax they only report what has been reported and if a dealer has called in a mobile repair guy chances are the repair will never get reported. Find a Porsche Certified repair facility and research their reputation on the internet before you select one to do a PPI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.