Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the upgrade to our Classifieds system I've been getting some questions about how to Edit or Delete a Classified ad, or how to mark it Sold. All of the User and Admin options have been moved to a new drop down menu in the upper right hand side of the menu bar above the listing. Simply click where it says "LISTING OPTIONS" and you will recieve a drop down menu. Simply choose what you want from that menu.

The following image shows the menu and shows ALL of the options. You likely will not have all of the options but should have the ones you need to manage your own ad. (Menu changes based on if you are looking at your ad or someone elses and whether or not you are an administrator like me, etc.)

Hopefully this simplifies these functions for everyone and cuts down on the questions I am receiving about how to do this. There are probably functions that are new to those who hadn't found them previously, things like watching ads, receiving email updates, etc. so feel free to explore the menu choices!

Please note if you sell our item you can mark it as sold using this same drop down menu!

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted my car in the clasified section but do not see it. Does it take a set amount of time before its posts?
No, if you uploaded it then it should show up immediately, the exceptions are auctions that don't show up until the auction fee is paid, or if you tried to upload too many photos that were too large it would have bombed during the upload and sent you to a blank page as opposed to a page confirming the receipt of your ad.

I went back to Sept 1st and I don't see any ad posted by you so I suspect the latter. If I can help further let me know via PM or email please.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good Morning!

I'm trying to cancel my subscription to classified ads posted for Cayman parts, but it will not canel.

Please advise!

Thanks so much.

Greg'

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Morning!

I'm trying to cancel my subscription to classified ads posted for Cayman parts, but it will not canel.

Please advise!

Thanks so much.

Greg'
How are you trying to cancel it? In that category there should be a link to subscribe or unsubscribe, if you click on that link it should unsubscribe you. Feel free to send me a screen capture of what you are doing at webmaster at planet-9 dot com! I will also try to post some directions when I can, but hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having trouble uploading pictures to my classified ad. I'm getting the following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 29360128 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /drive3/caymanclub.net/httpdocs/classifieds/image-inc.php on line 128

I've searched the site, and haven't seen any help with this error. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm having trouble uploading pictures to my classified ad. I'm getting the following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 29360128 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /drive3/planet-9.com/httpdocs/classifieds/image-inc.php on line 128

I've searched the site, and haven't seen any help with this error. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yes it means your photo is either too large in dimension size, or too large in filesize or both. Try resizing your picture down a little first before uploading.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Q: I have some official Porsche stuff (extra manuals) that I'm going to offer as free to a good home, but would like to restrict it to my local area so there's no shipping.

Should this go in as a classified ad with a bunch of zeros in them, or in the regional forum?

ed

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tap out! Spent a long time trying to delete my ad for Cayman for sale. I'm keeping it and I dont want to mark it as sold. Help!

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tap out! Spent a long time trying to delete my ad for Cayman for sale. I'm keeping it and I dont want to mark it as sold. Help!
Only admins can delete ads, however, if you did mark it as sold, it would disappear within 24-48 hours as if it were deleted. If you'd like an ad deleted please contact an administrator or moderator and give them the link to the ad you'd like deleted and they can take care of it for you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My drop down box seems different than what you describe, as I see no way to delete my ad. All it gives me is "edit" which only allows you to change the add, or "sold it". No option to delete. How do I get the classified removed?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is there anyway to bump an ad if I've reduced the price? I know over usage of bumping is annoying but if I haven't sold something in 2 weeks the price is likely to high and needs to be lowered.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there anyway to bump an ad if I've reduced the price? I know over usage of bumping is annoying but if I haven't sold something in 2 weeks the price is likely to high and needs to be lowered.
Not really since the ads go into the listing in chronological order by entry date not by edit date. You could always mark your item as sold, once it disappears (or ask admin to delete it right away) you could place a new ad with a lower price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts