Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

How to handle clear film "scrap"….ideas?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MidLifeCrisis 
#1 ·
Need some advice.
My front bumper that is covered in Xpel ultimate has some sort of blemish. If it did not have the film on it I could easily polish it out. I have not attempted to do anything yet. What can I use on the film? Products? What technique?

The film has a small scratch about an inch long.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
This may be overkill, but if the blemish is really noticeable, there are installers who can cut out the bad piece and make a near seamless patch. I had an issue that required this. Took about 15 minutes and cost me $100.

#9 ·
The same thing happened to me. It freaked me out at first until I figured it out. I was getting gas and looked down at my bumper and said WTH. It looked like I had been driving behind a real smoky vehicle. You can see all the squeegee marks. What do you mean when you say you are going to deal with it in the spring?

#6 ·
I polished it by hand.
Two marks. The first smaller one is gone.
The second deeper mark looks better but is still there.
It is 30-40 degrees where I am. I am waiting for warmer weather and will try using warm/hot water over it. I think if the temp is warmer it will come out easier.

#7 ·
if you put hot water on it in a steady stream it won't matter what the exterior ambient temperature is. You should be fine to just pour the hot water on it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.