Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
That Cayman had an extensive amount of bodywork done. It appears the rear quarter panels and side skirts have been modified custom to resemble a 981. The entire front of this car is from a 911 (fenders, lights, bumper). The front bumper is from a 997 gt2.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Perhaps the body work looks better in real life than it does in the photo? In the photo it is an abomination, that turns the beautiful lines of a 981 into a Cayman/911 Frankentein. Oh well, to each there own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Perhaps the body work looks better in real life than it does in the photo? In the photo it is an abomination, that turns the beautiful lines of a 981 into a Cayman/911 Frankentein. Oh well, to each there own.
Agreed! Frankenstein Ugly!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm pretty sure this car started out as a 987, so that's even a more radical makeover.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'll go Devil's Advocate on this one, and say that while I don't care for the side and rear intake treatments, the 911 front end looks great, to me.

I would do that front fascia to my 987 in a heartbeat, assuming I could afford it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What body kit is this. Also what rims are those they look hella nice! I think i found the bumper but no idea where to find the side skirts.
The body kit is the Patritti Kit (google: patritti cayman). You may have seen pictures of the red itmerc Cayman that is using it.
The front end is a GT2 front bumper.

You can find the body kit on ebay: "Porsche 987 Boxster / Cayman to 997 Turbo widebody NEW!"

cheers
franz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.