Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to remove the CD change in the frunk? I have an aftermarket radio, so the OEM CD changer no longer works (the radio guy was too lazy to remove it for me).

I have only removed the top and front panels that cover the CD changer area, and noticed that the CD change bracket should have two bolts on each side. This means the side closer to the power steering/brake fluid stuff ain't accessible. Do I need to remove all the plastic panels around the CD changer bolted down with torx screws?

Thanks in advance.

(I've tried looking at the articles related with CD changers and Denison unit, but couldn't really find anything that shows me how to remove the changer)

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
Kman,

i few years back... boy, if we had a changer.. now , everybody has most of their entire library with them.. on the phone (most cases) .. i just wish the new radio would play the lossless stuff.. FLAC format.. that would be a kick if you had a burmiester..

lemon

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look at my navigation install it shows how to install the DVD player, removing that or the CD changer is about the same in reverse. You will need to deprogram it in piwis or the car will still look for it and throw an error. Nothing serious just an annoyance.
Thanks Kman. I completely missed that article during the search. The car had an aftermarket install a while back, so I'm assuming that shouldn't need a PIWIS coding? The installer was lazy and didn't take it out. Just feel like taking out that 1 lb of dead weight up front when I have time this weekend.

Lemon: Indeed. CDs have almost because left for taxi drivers or those who have serious sound systems. Otherwise, it has gone to iPods/phones etc!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts