Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how to remove the top satellite antenna? Does it only attach from inside under headliner or can it be removed from outside?
I am looking to wrap the roof is why I want to remove antenna cover temporary during wrap.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll bet you a cup of coffee there is a hole under that antenna. I'll also bet you that if you pull the antenna and expect the wrap to seal the hole you will be buying a new headliner in the near future. Your call, good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll bet you a cup of coffee there is a hole under that antenna. I'll also bet you that if you pull the antenna and expect the wrap to seal the hole you will be buying a new headliner in the near future. Your call, good luck!
Sorry I was not clear, only taking off antenna to wrap then put antenna back on after wrap

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it off.
Being careful you can pull back driver side hard trim and then center of rear headliner down. Then a T25 screw holds it. I was able to just use T25 socket only by hand as the screw was so lose. Top of antenna had foam tape. After wrap I will put antenna back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very curious what color/type of wrap you are going to do...plz share. Just the hood or frunk and back as well?
I wrapped the Hood and roof with 3M 1080 M12 MATTE BLACK. All started because the last owner had a poor clear bra on hood that I removed. I was quoted $700 to replace clear bra on hood..... So I know wrap is not as protective as clear bra but I don't drive the car much and happy with the quality or the matte 3M wrap. I was also quoted $600 to 3M wrapped the hood.......Was pretty easy to install myself, but takes some time and patience. I spent about $80 on wrap from Amazon.....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts