Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am a new owner of 07 Cayman S. Cannot tell you enough how happy I am with this car. Before my purchase I have gained a lot of knowledge on Cayman so I must say thank you for all the experiences sharing.
One question I have is, how do I repeatedly play one single CD track? Is there a single button I can press on CDR24? TIA.

-Bryan

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi guys,

I am a new owner of 07 Cayman S. Cannot tell you enough how happy I am with this car. Before my purchase I have gained a lot of knowledge on Cayman so I must say thank you for all the experiences sharing.
One question I have is, how do I repeatedly play one single CD track? Is there a single button I can press on CDR24? TIA.

-Bryan
I had a CDR24 in my Boxster, but my memory on this is a bit sketchy now. Think you can either press the Rev or Back button before the end of the track or if it is a lower number, press the appropriate numbered preset button. However I do not think you can play a single track in a loop, which I think is what you want to do.

Guess you've got some new music.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

-Bryan
Unfortunately no you can't, the CDR24 is a cheap device. That's a bit annoying with such a great car (I have a 07 too) ... According to me, Porsche makes great cars and engines but don't pay enough attention to that kind of details (same problem with a native iPod connector, the 2010 has one at last !) but don't get me wrong I love my car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree Emdis that Porsche do not pay attention to some aspects of their cars - or rather, not early enough. I used to have a 987 Boxster and ended up having to fit a 2-DIN Pioneer head unit to get what I wanted.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, loop play is what I am talking here...I am just a bit surprised such basic function in any receiver is lacking in a Porsche...

-Bryan

·
Registered
128 Posts
...I am just a bit surprised such basic function in any receiver is lacking in a Porsche...

-Bryan
I was also surprised myself. For a while I ignored the quality of the CDR24 for the sake of the car itself. It doesn't even sound good.

You could put in something like a Dension Gateway 500 to add iPod and other inputs, but you may be better off putting the money in to a different head unit, if you were thinking in that direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts