Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok boys and girls..

I am sticking a third radiator ... stay tune for the pics in the next few hours...

PIctures to come.. on the procedure..

i am selling this kit at 795.00 a set..

1st step is bumper removal !

Lemon

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: how to stick Third Radiator Iinstall!

the bumper is off.. this is my progress so far.. then after i will write a blog on it..

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
still plenty of room with the distronic in place..

they actually make a cover that has provision for the distronic and third radiator.. 4 weeks from germany..

lemon

lemon

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your gonna need new scoops on the sides. if you have adaptive cruise controll the kind that does not have the cut outs...extra 130 dollars out of the way.. that was not foreseen

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
we found out a lot by putting this kit in ourself.. there is a lot of parts that our competitors supply in their kits that are totally unneeded.. second the ducting on the cayman is different on the boxster...the boxster also have 2 different mouths.. so you have to send us a picture of your bumper mouths..

the kits are ready.. and we now have the experties to walk you through the process. we are also making a blog out of it in our website..

We have also learned that by having a adaptive cruise control does not hinder you from getting a third radiator kit..

and you have to take out the engine cover to get this whole mess done.. that was not foreseen eather...

Lemon

·
Registered
202 Posts
Notes on my center radiator install;
1. bought from Schnell thanks for the instructions
2. the pics on the schnell blog show the radiator installed in the plastic mount backwards IMO. The reason mine definitely had two different sides one painted black the other side not. In addition the painted side had clips to mount the plastic frame to.
3. The bumper comes off easier by removing the front fender liners and disconnecting the wires on each side(just one plug per side) as well as disconnecting the the the headlight washers. This makes taking off the bumper cover easy.
4. I did the job by myself with out help. Had a Bendpak scissor lift and a chair to set the bumper on for remounting otherwise I would have needed help.
5. Having the correct hose clamp pliers really helps. A cheap set from Amazon will do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts