Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side door makes rattle and knocking sounds, and I think it is because the door just isn't closing tight enough.

How do I adjust this? It doesn't look like the striker plate/loop on the body is really adjustable that way. Am I supposed to loosen the torx bolts surrounding the latch on the actual door and move the latch towards the outside of the door? Or are those torx bolts not used for adjustment?

BTW, I used tape on the latches of each door and they both strike at the same point, so I don't think the door needs raised or lowered. I just need the door held in closer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
When I bought my car a few months ago the driver side door stuck out a little too much making it uneven with the rear quarter panel. Two weeks ago during a visit to the dealer they fixed it and now the door is adjusted properly so adjusting the door closer to the frame is possible.

They loosened the torx screws on the striker loop to move the plate closer to the inside. If you look closely you will see a vertical line & a horizontal line on the paint above and on the side of the striker loop which is used to adjust & center it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts