Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi K-Man S,

I have tried several times to do an upload, was going to create a Member Catagory. Tried the My Stuff route but when I hit Catagory Admin it shunts me to a log-in page, even though I am already logged in. If I log in again, and try the route again, it shunts me back to a log-in page.

I tried this several ways - logging off, leaving site and returning, etc. No luck.

I think I am following your instructions but maybe not? Any suggestions?

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
How can I make some of my albums appear in the appropriate galleries? Do I have to upload the pictures twice?

Thanks
Mike

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi K-Man S,

I have tried several times to do an upload, was going to create a Member Catagory. Tried the My Stuff route but when I hit Catagory Admin it shunts me to a log-in page, even though I am already logged in. If I log in again, and try the route again, it shunts me back to a log-in page.

I tried this several ways - logging off, leaving site and returning, etc. No luck.

I think I am following your instructions but maybe not? Any suggestions?
Anything asking you to log in means that the server can't see or read your cookie on your computer which typically means your browser is blocking our cookie, or some piece of security software you have is. Usually if you "trust" this site then it will accept the cookie and it will keep you logged in which will allow you to upload pictures.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How can I make some of my albums appear in the appropriate galleries? Do I have to upload the pictures twice?

Thanks
Mike
Typically your personal albums are for pictures you want to keep in sets that are personal to you, whereas site galleries are images you are sharing that fall into a specific site gallery subject. For example you might have your own personal gallery with 50 photos from some track event you participated in. You might choose to upload a couple of those to the site gallery specific for track photos, but please no need to upload all 50 again. Make sense?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ken - I'm having a frustrating time trying to upload a couple of pictures. I've read the tutorial and watched the video, but nothing seems to be on point to this. I selected the photo, entered its title and description, selected a default category ("l'Eminence Grise", a subcategory to "burbank3 photos"), agreed to policy, then pressed submit. The file appears to upload, but then a page appears with this: "As you have uploaded multiple files, you should correct the individual information. After you are done, click 'Process' to proceed." For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. Help! By the way, one of the two I was uploading last night did work - the one entitled "new wheels" - but not the second, "new wheels 2".

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
Ken - I'm having a frustrating time trying to upload a couple of pictures. I've read the tutorial and watched the video, but nothing seems to be on point to this. I selected the photo, entered its title and description, selected a default category ("l'Eminence Grise", a subcategory to "burbank3 photos"), agreed to policy, then pressed submit. The file appears to upload, but then a page appears with this: "As you have uploaded multiple files, you should correct the individual information. After you are done, click 'Process' to proceed." For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. Help! By the way, one of the two I was uploading last night did work - the one entitled "new wheels" - but not the second, "new wheels 2".
Same exact problem here, for a while now.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Same exact problem here, for a while now.

What would best help me help you is if you will document the process you are using with either screen shots or video capture so I can see exactly what you see, exactly what steps you take, etc. and see if it is some procedural error, some technology issues, etc.

I do need to update the instructions, but just haven't had the time to do it yet. TIA!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts