Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched the web and Planet 9 looking for examples of HPDE insurance costs for single and multi day events on a 718 CS. I'm curious as to what to expect for the following:

1) Indicative cost for the insurance
2) Deductible amount
3) Recommended insurance companies

I assume the ultimate cost has a lot to do with the value of your car, deductible, and experience. My last track day on four wheels was over 10 years ago and my normal auto insurance covered HPDEs. It appears standard auto insurance no longer covers such events so you have to purchase a separate policy.

Regarding experience, I've completed more than a dozen track days on four wheels and was signed off to go solo at Summit Point and VIR. Over the last 10 years, I've completed more than 20 motorcycle track days and earned two race license. Track experience includes Summit Point, VIR, Barber, Mid Ohio, and Laguna Seca.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to your replies.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I used Lockton for awhile. For a "6 pack" with 59k agreed value and 15% deductible it cost about 2k or about $330 per event. That was a couple of years ago. never had a claim. I had maybe 50 track days experience at that point and ran in advanced groups.

Reactions: R Doug

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did insurance for my first DE through ontrackinsurance.com (I think was a link on ClubRegistration.net). $325 for the weekend, $55k value, 10% deductible. No questions about experience, only value. I did not get insurance for the next two weekends but plan to when I run at COTA in November.

R Doug, did you use that name on the old STN?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did insurance for my first DE through ontrackinsurance.com (I think was a link on ClubRegistration.net). $325 for the weekend, $55k value, 10% deductible. No questions about experience, only value. I did not get insurance for the next two weekends but plan to when I run at COTA in November.

R Doug, did you use that name on the old STN?
One in the same, how are you?

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.