Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale: HRE 300 Classic Series 3-piece 19” forged wheels - Set of 4 in superb condition, with hardly any wear or curb rash on the rim faces. $3250 OBO for the set.

Faces are a matte black, with the rims finished in black (front) and red (back). I'd likely call the rim finish "satin" or a "semi-gloss." Given that the red is obscured by the wheel face itself and the low light under a car, it doesn't jump out at you as obvious and beautifully accents red Porsche brake calipers - regardless of one's car's body color.

These wheels came off the used 2010 Porsche Boxster (987.2) I recently purchased, and may indeed fit other Porsche models and other marques. The seller pointed out that these were HREs, and I didn't realize just how desirable and high-end these wheels were. It comes with a set of 4 original OEM center caps (7PP601149) and 4 aftermarket Porsche valve stem caps (tiny Porsche logo). Apparently, EACH wheel starts at $2225 each brand new, meaning the entire set would apparently cost $9000+. Here’s the link to the HRE website: Classic Series - 300.

Why am I selling these? The proceeds will directly fund a repair and replacement for the Boxster’s soft top (attempting that myself is well above my pay grade) and other minor cosmetic repairs. (Staying dry takes priority right now - LOL)

As I couldn’t find measurements stamped on the back of the rims. I’ve taken estimated measurements myself. Both offsets appear to be +ET56 and the bolt pattern is the standard Porsche 5 x 130. Ballpark rim width measurements (apparently impossible to definitively measure with the tires mounted) were roughly 8.75” (front) and 10.25” (rear), so I’m guessing these rims are 8.5J and 10J, respectively. (You'll likely want to run spacers with these on a 981, but your guess is as good as mine.)

The currently mounted tires are only a few years old (Rear: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/35 ZR19, 2017 date code // Front: Achilles ATR Sport 235/35 ZR19, 2019 date code). However, as the rears are down to the wear bars, and the fronts are pretty close, I would advise the buyer to immediately discard them upon receipt; the tires are free with the wheel purchase and absolutely no guarantees are made as to their condition or use. Upon receiving the car, I drove these for a few hours at both low and high speeds (including across the Mass Pike to drive the car home). They drove great aside from a slight vibration (around 70mph, if I remember correctly), and obviously would require rebalancing with new tires. In short, these rims have clearly been battle tested over the past few years with a surfeit of successful miles.

The attached photos were intentionally taken indoors just using my iPhone 6S+, without any digital manipulation or enhancements. More photos are available on request. Photos are the set of four, and then the rears (front and rear) followed by the fronts (front and rear). Rest assured, what you see is what you’ll get.

These are available for either local pickup in Cambridge, MA 02141 or UPS shipping at the buyer’s expense -- with the tires deflated and mounted to protect the rims during shipping. Please note that these are being sold “as-is” and as a “final sale,” and you’re more than welcome to check them out in person. Please note that although I’ve done my best to describe these, I'm certainly no wheel expert and am just selling these on. This means, I can’t make any guarantees (fitment, authenticity, unforeseen damage, etc.) so please do your homework in advance. Meanwhile, I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wheel Tire Automotive tire White Light

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hubcap

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ampfore - Here you go! Looking through my photos this morning, it turns out that I indeed took a photo after purchase but before taking them off the car. Although not the best photo, this was just before Thanksgiving (when I drove it home across MA and put the car away for the winter). Subsequently, I've given them a gentle clean (Simple Green, Dawn dish detergent) and they look even better than they appear below. Frankly, the semi-gloss of the rims would look even better in a buyer's hands after a proper polish — but I wanted to keep the look rather neutral so buyers could get an accurate sense of what they’re buying (i.e., a lot of guys will dress their tires presale with tire shine, etc.).

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts