Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a beige interior that displays the reflection of the vent strips on the windshield when the sun is shining? It is annoyingly distracting and sometimes downright dangerous by obstructing the view. Notice that most other German cars make the upper dash area black in color to minimize glare. There is a solution for the Porsche though. Order new left and right vent strips in black for about $140 (discounted at Suncoast). Pull up gently and firmly the original beige strips by putting your fingers into the vents. You should not need to pry them out using a screwdriver since that would risk damage. The black strips will snap in easily. Keep the beige strips for later when you trade the car and can put them back in for resale value. The black vent strips solve the glare problem and look like a "factory" design.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks! I love my sand interior, but the glare can sometimes be annoying. Kinda weird that Porsche didn't think this through.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You offer a good suggestion jfo53. I use polarizing sunglasses and they pretty much eliminate the reflection. That said, I think your idea will work as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts