Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys just last night I was driving on the freeway during traffic and suddenly noticed a low pitched intermittent humming noise on the right rear section, not sure if it was coming from the engine or wheel area. The sound occurs only at low speeds from 20-30mph, but disappears during high speeds. Not sure what to make of this, has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks and happy new year

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's possibly your engine compartment fan, which is located where you describe.

Reactions: KwS_987

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's possibly your engine compartment fan, which is located where you describe.
I think I've heard the fan and this sound is certainly different, more like a buzzing Hum, I feel like it's coming from the wheel well, can faulty wheel bearings cause this noise perhaps? Or anything else?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Change in road surface??? I've been on a few when I started to think the worse. Turned out it was a subtle difference in the road surface and or construction. Worn concrete is the worst.:cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I drove back home, this time no sound present. Quite possible that it could've been road surface as what you've guys suggested. I'll keep monitoring in the meantime. Thank you gents.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I've actually gone back over the roads that resulted in abmormal noise to confirm my suspicions. Felt a lot better once I did. One in particular created the slightest shimy/vibration in the steering wheel, but only on that road. Once I confirmed it was only that road I took another of my cars and guess what, same shimy/vibration, a little less noticeable but still there. Apparently when new macadam was laid, somehow, someway they created this problem. There was no visual indication of a problem with the road.:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts