Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Hunt Valley Motors to schedule a service appointment and the service staff says they sold the Porsche franchise to BMW of Towson. Just bought coolant lthere ast month and they never said a word. Did anyone receive any notification that they were selling the franchise?

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
That makes 3 dealers that I know this has happened to now in the last 6-9 months, probably a sign of the economy, if a dealer was heavily reliant on Porsche sales or is trying to shed brands that aren't moving well for them but cost a lot to keep on the floor I can see where Porsche would be a prime candidate.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Went to Hunt Valley Motors to schedule a service appointment and the service staff says they sold the Porsche franchise to BMW of Towson. Just bought coolant lthere ast month and they never said a word. Did anyone receive any notification that they were selling the franchise?
Even though I bought my car from Len Stoler Porsche in Owings Mills, MD I received a letter from Hunt Valley Porsche that they were transferring locations to Towson on March 1st. They said in the letter that they want to focus more on their Audi department.

As a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed the service from Hunt Valley Porsche. The service techs were eons more helpful than the ones at Len Stoler. I visited Towson Porsche last week and they seem like pretty nice folks too. Depending on how my car is treated under warranty at Len Stoler for a transmission oil leak, Towson will be getting my service from now on. BTW Towson has a nice black 2010 GT3 in the showroom :dance:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I noticed the change at valley motors a couple of days ago. I was shocked! No letter or notice of any kind. I know where the Towson location is, its actually more convenient for me. I think I will stop by this week and check them out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The two Porsche techs from Hunt Valley Motors moved to Towson Porsche. I met the service advisor Wayne on Friday and the CS in going in for service on Monday. The white smoke that blows out the exhaust coupled with the need to having coolant and oil is disconcerting. At least it is still under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.