Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am supposed to get my car back Friday after 18 days in the body shop for the replacement of the left rear quarter panel after it got crushed by a no-license no-insurance idiot (see previous thread title Today Was a Bad Day).

It went in for paint today so there is a *chance* it might be tomorrow late. Either way I am tearing up some mountain roads Saturday morning!

Scott

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice and I feel your pain. I too have been without mine for just short of 3 weeks and expecting the call from the body shop today. Waiting for the paint to cure before reapplying the 3M shield has been this weeks holdup ...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Enjoy the second honeymoon!

Reactions: inkatouring

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice and I feel your pain. I too have been without mine for just short of 3 weeks and expecting the call from the body shop today. Waiting for the paint to cure before reapplying the 3M shield has been this weeks holdup ...
What happened to yours? Did you get your call?

The shop I am using does wonderful work but they don't have any sense of urgency. I dropped by on day 9 to find that not much had happened. As this shop is recommended by my insurance company (USAA) I called them and they were able to *motivate* the shop. On day 10 they wanted to extend the completion date by 10 days. Given that not much had been done in 9 days that didn't go over very well. As is, they are only 3 days late on the delivery (provided I actually do get it back tomorrow).

·
Registered
192 Posts
What happened to yours? Did you get your call?
A young lady backed into me in a parking lot ... damage to passenger door and panel between door and wheel (intake area). Our local dealer has an awesome body shop and they do not work quickly ... Car needs to be oversprayed to be a perfect match and since I have 3M shield waiting for the paint to cure was required until today to reinstall it. I pick up the car this afternoon :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts