Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Does that answer your question???? Man I went off on a tangent there didn't I???

LOL, a little bit /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gifbut yes you did answer my question. The purpose behind it is to let people understand that it is not the car itself that makes you good, but the driver; and hope that some getting off on to the track the first time, don't try to be a master because the car feels so easy to drive. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I would concur that the Cayman can make a driver look better than they are but really good drivers will wring a lot of performance out of the Cayman. I would also add people should have good instructors that understand this car's dynamics if at all possible.

·
Registered
557 Posts
God, now I'm all excited. I have about 10 track days in my Volvo S60R plus another 3 a few weeks ago with Skip Barber in a Formula Ford (got my SCCA racing lic now). I was planning on Lime Rock this fall in the Cayman but what the heck this Croctoberfest sounds like fun. I just might show up...I'll be humbly begging the wife tonight....

K-Man it sounds like you were giving the competition a good run for the money but I can't help but think yours is not the average Cayman S. WIth close to 300 hp at the wheels you got to be in the range of 330+ at the crank. Do you really think a stock Cayman can hang with a C6 ? I would hope it could with the M3.

Very nice report, brings back the excitement of a track day.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts