Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

I bought a GT3....50

7K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  syzdanski 
#1 ·
I went over to my brothers house this past weekend to help him out with some home repairs and we ended up moseying on over to car dealerships afterwards to kick tires since he likes doing that stuff. Came across a GT350 in the local Ford showroom in yellow. The car had a 10k markup on it, but I looked at the build date on the door jamb and could tell the car had been sitting for a bit. Quick negotiations removed all that and then some so we took it for a drive. Slept on it and came back the next day and traded in my 2016 VW GTI. I guess I now have another track toy, and although the new car could certainly benefit from a diet, I wont be doing any weight reduction like I have with my Cayman. I feel this is a pretty special Mustang, unlike any other Ford has produced, with this special 5.2 L 8250rpm screamer. I plan to hang on to it. Cant wait to take this to the next PCA track day alongside my Cayman and get some lap time comparisons. All in all, its a very cool car and i will probably get a video review up, possibly with a comparison to my Cayman once I get her motor broken in. For now, heres a couple pics.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Yellow

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Yellow

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

See less See more
Reactions: JohnnyQuest
#2 ·
Very nice! I've had lustful thoughts of the GT350 for a while...I'm afraid to take one for a test drive because I think I may like it too much.

Reactions: syzdanski
#3 ·
Beautiful car, but I am partial to yellow!

Enjoy your new ride. I am looking forward to your comparisons on the track.

Reactions: syzdanski
#7 ·
Is the suspension different on those from standard Mustangs? The one I recently rented (cheapest model I'm sure) was plain scary at the highway speeds. I would never risk it on a track...

#9 ·
Yes, the GT350 has magnetoherlogical? dampers. Dunno if thats how it's spelled. The magnetic ones anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Would love to hear your thoughts on the GT350 compared to the Cayman

BTW woould like to know what motorcycle that is in the first pic....maybe include some shots of the bike.

Enjoy your new car.

#10 ·
Thanks, the motorcycle is my Dad's. It's a 1971 CL175 that I rescued from a shed after it was wrecked and parked like 25 yrs ago. Started working on it on and off a couple years ago. Still not finished but got most the major work done including body, paint, chrome, carbs, etc. Still needs a seat made up and turn signals sorted out. Money pit so I'm spreading it out. Lol.

#12 ·
Congratulations on the car, just love it. You are obviously single. Us married men can't just come home with a car and say: Well hun I was just moseying around the dealership and there she was, I could not resist her. This is followed by stupid grin on your face and look of contempt on hers. lol

#16 ·
Can't seem to leave well enough alone. Already modding Only 100 miles from new. Doing the resonater delete on the x pipe so it's like the exhaust from the gt350r. Automobile repair shop Vehicle Car Yellow Automotive design

Reactions: Arch
#18 ·
https://youtu.be/lFaWxCU7U2k

Did a little spirited drive with some PCA track buddies. Might be taking it to the track this weekend if i dont get my caliper rebuild kit for the cayman delivered tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Reactions: wagzhp
#19 ·
Bad news with the Shelby- engine seized after just 1k miles. It's been in the shop for over 30 days so it's getting lemoned.

#23 ·
I am also a lover of the flat plane crank.....Ferrari-esque sound. Unfortunate but interesting issue with attrition of that engine design. Makes one appreciate, even more, what Porsche seems to be able to do with screaming RPM engines and longevity. I had a 2003 BMW M3 that was high revving (8200+) and they had a spate of spun bearings.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.