Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SO excited for buying my first car! I was looking for 5 months and finally landed this 2009 base Cayman with 13k miles. I test drove 2 CS prior to this ('06 & '07) but I wanted the revamped version after further reading. I will be using this as a weekend car, along with my R6, as I have a company car for my daily commute. It has been about a week since I've gotten it and I would definitely get tickets with the S or R versions but I am very happy with this pristine machine so far.

During my test drives, I didn't notice how loud this car was but I guess it's typical for a sports car. I also had trouble filling it up, to full, a couple times but found that if you hold the nozzle upside down it works. All she needs is a new set of tires and I'll be cruisin'.

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congrats and fine looking Cayman you have there.

I know this car. It's a manual with a little CPO left, right?

The guy you bought it from bought it to flip. I spoke with the previous owner when I was thinking of buying this.

What did you pay if you do not mind sharing? The person you bought it from paid $34,500. I saw this listed not long ago for about that price.

Eddie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't aware that it had CPO left over but it is a manual. I did pay a little less than that. Why did you not buy this? Am I missing something?

Congrats and fine looking Cayman you have there.

I know this car. It's a manual with a little CPO left, right?

The guy you bought it from bought it to flip. I spoke with the previous owner when I was thinking of buying this.

What did you pay if you do not mind sharing? The person you bought it from paid $34,500. I saw this listed not long ago for about that price.

Eddie

·
Registered
895 Posts
I may be remembering incorrectly on the CPO (or it may have expired) as it was last summer, but a quick call to PCNA CS (1-800-767-7243) will confirm if a CPO is in effect.

Not a thing wrong with the car, but Grey was well down my color preference list and I really wanted PDK.

If I have the right Cayman, here's your build sheet. Or at least the best we can do since Porsche closed the back door on the detailed BS.

https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP0AA29809U760683

Eddie

I wasn't aware that it had CPO left over but it is a manual. I did pay a little less than that. Why did you not buy this? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, that is the one

Thanks Trev450!

I may be remembering incorrectly on the CPO (or it may have expired) as it was last summer, but a quick call to PCNA CS (1-800-767-7243) will confirm if a CPO is in effect.

Not a thing wrong with the car, but Grey was well down my color preference list and I really wanted PDK.

If I have the right Cayman, here's your build sheet. Or at least the best we can do since Porsche closed the back door on the detailed BS.

https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP0AA29809U760683

Eddie

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
congrats.. great color and wheels, also lucky if the CPO is still in effect :)
the 2.9 is pretty rare in manual really enjoy driving it..... I posted mine on craigslist last week but I got busy with travel
I got a lot of inquiries when i got back ..lol!! I'm too busy to deal with it
I will have my broker list it so he can offer financing and ext warranty.. will keep you guys posted..

Reactions: cb4

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats on the car!

As for the gas thing, I'm from CA too and even with the adapter I've found that some pumps (mostly Chevron apparently) just won't fill all the way to the top on their own. I was in Vegas last weekend and it was so nice to not have to worry about it (and pay less but that's a whole other story) since their pumps are set up differently than ours.

My solution to the problem is that I've gotten into the habit of resetting my trip meter every time I fill up. This allows me to see exactly how many miles I've driven when I pull up to the station then divide that by whatever my approximate consumption was according to the car's display. That quick calculation gives me a number to target at the pump so I don't pull away without hitting approximately full or worse, overfilling and dumping gas everywhere. So long as you haven't drastically changed your average MPG rating recently by flooring it more often than usual or something immediately before filling up this should work pretty well darn near every time.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the car and have fun out there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Lovely car, wonderful rims. Just need to swap the centre caps to grey and finish the decals so that they are complete (front part is missing, just check for pics of the Cayman R).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think those wheels go perfect with that color Cayman. Congrats on the new car... :banana:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know, I didn't even realize i was missing the front part of the stripe! I'll see if I can find some after I get new tires.

I am diggin' the black caps though...

Lovely car, wonderful rims. Just need to swap the centre caps to grey and finish the decals so that they are complete (front part is missing, just check for pics of the Cayman R).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats from a fellow gray, 2.9, 6MT owner! I agree those wheels look great with the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts