Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To quote the great (?) Homer Simpson WOO HOO!! :cheers:

Next weekend I'll be the proud owner of a 2008 CS in black with natural leather and PASM, Sport Chrono, Auto Climate and the Preferred Pkg (whatever that makes up...).

Other than praying spring gets to the upper midwest soon is there anything I should do with the car before driving it as my DD? It just came through CPO inspection...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Minnesota... where for the first time since November we hit 30 degrees!!!

P.S. The car has snow tires on it but every fiber in my being says do not drive it till the snow is completely gone. Has anyone ever driven one of these cars in the snow??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congrats. Must be painful having to wait.

Mine is also locked away for the winter. No idea how it handles in the snow. FWIW our P cars have a stability control system (PSM). I've had to temporarily disable similar systems on other cars when driving on very icy roads. I guess the wheels slipping in patches of ice can confuse stability control systems at times. The stability control ends up trying to brake the wheel when I want the wheels to spin some and heat up/melt the ice. I don't know if Porsche rear wheel drive cars do better or worse in this regard.

·
Registered
882 Posts
To quote the great (?) Homer Simpson WOO HOO!! :cheers:

Next weekend I'll be the proud owner of a 2008 CS in black with natural leather and PASM, Sport Chrono, Auto Climate and the Preferred Pkg (whatever that makes up...).

Other than praying spring gets to the upper midwest soon is there anything I should do with the car before driving it as my DD? It just came through CPO inspection...

Thanks in advance!
Sweet. I have about the same setup except a black interior. May I suggest you really study the owner's manual as there are lots of nifty features to be found in it. And when Spring comes, may I suggest a minivacation, you will return very smitten. Drive safely. Ed

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
. . . P.S. The car has snow tires on it but every fiber in my being says do not drive it till the snow is completely gone. Has anyone ever driven one of these cars in the snow??
Many of us drive our cars year round - with proper winter/snow tires, Porsches do quite well in the snow (just leave the PSM on). The only problem is clearance in deep/unplowed snow, otherwise, I prefer driving my Cayman to my 4WD Expedition in the snow any day.

Congrats on the new (to you) car! :cheers:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. I also drive mine year round with good tires.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Caymans are great fun to steer and spin around snowpacked streets and parking lots thanks to their great traction. The bigger problem is ground clearance, and in that regard, in soft, deep snow, the Cayman has its issues, as do most non-SUV's.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
P.S. The car has snow tires on it but every fiber in my being says do not drive it till the snow is completely gone. Has anyone ever driven one of these cars in the snow??
I had to back mine out of the garage. Does that count?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts