Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my base Cayman in Stuttgart, Germany. I have access to the Autobahn, great side roads, and twisty mountain roads...
I don't want to stop driving the car...I think about it all of the time. Does the feeling ever wear off :burnout: ?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Had mine for over four years now, and I still look forward to driving it any chance I get. I wish we had the Autobahn like you so I could explore the car's limits. The most frustrating thing about owning a high performance car in the USA is that you are limited to 70 mph unless you take it to the race track, and I just don't get much time to do that.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
The car is a drug....:beer:

I've had one long trip in my C (from Virginia up to Connecticut last fall, including 3 laps around Lime Rock) in 18 months. Will finally do another one Labor Day weekend (to Ohio to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). Looking forward to those western Penn Turnpike "Caution Curves" (unless they finally updated those signs).......

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I just received my base Cayman in Stuttgart, Germany. I have access to the Autobahn, great side roads, and twisty mountain roads...
I don't want to stop driving the car...I think about it all of the time. Does the feeling ever wear off :burnout: ?
+1 My father in law lives in Dettenhausen and has 3 Porsches ('65 356 C Cab, 1995 993 C4 Cab, and 2010 997 C4 Coupe) so I relish driving on the Autobahn when we visit in the summer. The back roads are lovely also and there is always a nice pub for refreshments of Bratwurst and Bier afterwards.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm on about three weeks now and actually look forward to my daily commute. I have a couple good choices for my route home; lets see which set of turns will it be today. The car is amazing. Congrats!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same problem. My 2006 997 S is my only 4 wheeled vehicle. I haven't ridden my motorcycle since I bought the Boxster in Feb. Cut down on my cycling too. Not good, but I can't stop driving. It is even a joy in the city. It seems to want to make intersection turns at a crisp 90 degrees instead of an arc. Impossible, but that's how it feels. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.