Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wanted to say hello and check out the website! I am following the Cayman Interseries races and will be posting pics for everyone's enjoyment as they are launched to my website. So far the ones I have finished are between two galleries, Savannah & Daytona.
PixxByTango's Photos : HSR-The Cayman Interseries- powered by SmugMug

The video from a few of the cars I mounted my GoPro's on is below... crank it up & check out the guitar solo!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Good stuff and welcome to the site! I look forward to more of your photos, which are amazing by the way.

Do you mind sharing your equipment/lens list?

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Welcome Pixx! :cheers: Excellent video!

Glad to see you made it over here from RL - I think you will find a much larger, and more active group of Caymanites over here. ;)
Look forward to seeing more of your work.

BTW, I noticed that in one of your picture sets, that the plain white car (no livery) has your handle on it . . . is that your car?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Welcome Pixx! :cheers: Excellent video!

Glad to see you made it over here from RL - I think you will find a much larger, and more active group of Caymanites over here. ;)
Look forward to seeing more of your work.

BTW, I noticed that in one of your picture sets, that the plain white car (no livery) has your handle on it . . . is that your car?
I'm wishing it could be mine... Hint, Hint RON!! I'm thinking One Lap...?

Thanks for the compliments on the images. I have been spending a lot of time editing and uploading them in the past weeks. While at Daytona, I had the pleasure of meeting several other "Professional Photogs" and was quite impressed... "equipment envy" if you will, til I saw they simply upload batch shots on their websites. Well... If it has my name or logo on it, it will be a "perfect" image in my eyes. I hope all can see the artistry I try to share in my work.

I want to thank the Admin of this site for allowing my posting of images from my website. When I can afford it... I will definitely subscribe!

So if you were at Daytona or Savannah for the HSR events, be patient... I am getting them finished as quickly as I can. Hopefully I will have them all completed prior to Sebring!

If you are going to Sebring, let me know. I will be sure to catch your car. If anyone else not racing in the Cayman Interseries events wants the best in track shots or other types of auto artistry, let me know. I love lighting shots at night as you can see shown below. To find the camera settings & lens, just visit the images on my website and to the sidebar, click the "info" icon and all the exif Data is shown.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
+1 on the music, Boston my favorite band. Well done vid and looking forward to more.....Rod

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the video compliments! I couldn't have done it without the help of the owners/drivers of the cars in the video. It was actually a last minute idea while at the track to take a couple cams I usually have mounted on my 300+ hp Waverunner and put them on the Caymans.

Sebring will have some great footage and as we all know, closer corners too! That should up the ante' a bit!!

Here is one of my Waverunner vids!

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Wow, some of the best racing shoots I've seen to date.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Great job. I love the starting grid shots.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
A word of caution. [Rest of slanderous post deleted by moderator]
First of all, I don't see David selling anything here, or attempting to rip anyone off - he's just posting pictures and video. Second, this thread is not the place to air your differences with David, whatever they may be. If you have a problem with him posting here for some reason, then you may PM a mod or K-Man S with your complaints and any evidence supporting you, and we will make a decision from that point. But do NOT post any more unsubstantiated trash in this thread - you have been warned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I wanted to update this thread with pics from Roebling Road last weekend where Bill Dennis was testing his Cayman Interseries car. His times were getting much faster and I feel he will be a contender in 2010.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, PixxByTango, but really not necessary - you're not obligated to justify yourself when you haven't done anything.

I have sent a warning to the other poster and deleted most of what he posted, but I will leave you to edit what you quoted as you see fit. Again, this kind of baseless flaming of you will not be tolerated and any similar posts will be deleted.

Let's all stay on topic here, everyone. I don't want to have to lock this thread because the pictures and videos here are really very good, and discussion of the Cayman Interseries is important IMO.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Great pics...now how can I take some like that? :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great pics...now how can I take some like that? :confused:

With lots of practice... and a camera with manual settings.

Start with 1/80 shutter and fstop sufficient for the light at the lowest ISO you can get. Remember the narrower the depth of field, the norrower the focus will be on the car. A 2.8f will get you a nice blurry background and be the fastest with low light but will also tend to blur the front & rear of the car when using a center focus. Try using a 8-16F with your available light to widen your depth of field to capture the entire car.

Now you have to practice the panning swing by locking the "frame" of your body with the camera so it doesn't move separate from your torso. This is the key to moving in one plane. Have your feet just a bit wider than shoulder distance and your toes pointed where your "trigger zone" will be. When the car moves into that zone... press your shutter button firmly with a squeeze by rolling the finger onto it rather than pushing down. This minor difference is key to further eliminating up/down ocillations in shooting the target.

Hope this helps but it is really all just the beginning. Practice is key!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts