Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gents,
New guy here, I just got my Porsche on Friday.
I think I have found driving Nirvana today at the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia.
From DC, I took I66 West to 55 West heading out to Front Royal, Virginia.
I got on the Skyline Drive at Front Royal and headed south. It was an overcast day in the mid-50 degrees. No wind.
No one was on the Skyline Drive. The entire trip was around 170 miles of pure driving bliss.
The 6MT is pure sex. It engages so precisely and so perfectly every single time.
I agonized between the 6MT and the PDK for months. After today, I am so happy that I got the 6MT.
The engine power and handling is simply..... intoxicating.
This being my first Porsche, all that I have heard and read about the legendary handling of these cars are true.
All my expectations were blown away on top of the mountain today.

Here's are some pics.... sorry about the crappy iPHONE quality....
IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0029.jpg IMG_0036.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I've taken that drive many times. It's awesome. Watch out for cops though. They love it up there also.

Congrats and great build. I also am in my first Porsche - also a BS with 6MT. Whooo hoooo...!

P.S. I noticed you have the Cayman S wheels like me......not too many of us that have that combo with a 981 BS. Nice.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Sounds like a great day.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
6MT is a winner, yes. You are lucky you have roads like this near you!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The "cops" there are actually Park Service officers as Skyline is in a National Park, and they can be disinclined to let you off with a warning. The deer can also be a hazard to your driving pleasure. It's not unusual to find herds in the road, and they're not at all scared of cars. Some even seem to be car enthusiasts who appreciate a look at your interior.

scan0008.jpg

Reactions: Mike R. and mcomet

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I bought mine new I did roughly the same drive but I went up US-211 up to Skyland. The switchbacks are a lot of fun. Skyline Drive with the deer and speed limits not so much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts