Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That my Cayman and I shall be together for a while. I grabbed my lunch order ticket at Wawa today for my nice heart unhealthy chicken salad club, and the ticket #?

981.jpg

They were running the gambit of Porsche numbers, two guys behind me had 987 and 991. I just found it cute that I got this one.

Anyway, I hope y'all have a very merry and safe Christmas!

·
Noob
857 Posts
Is your car white color too?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
That my Cayman and I shall be together for a while. I grabbed my lunch order ticket at Wawa today for my nice heart unhealthy chicken salad club, and the ticket #?

View attachment 54105

They were running the gambit of Porsche numbers, two guys behind me had 987 and 991. I just found it cute that I got this one.

Get used to it; it's a normal part of the Porsche experience.

Ever see the movie "The number 23"? Here is the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElUBr6-GLU

Replace the book with the Porsche Configurator and the number 23 with 981.

It happens. lol

·
Registered
102 Posts

View attachment 54105

Like many another owner, I've had the number experience, and not only with Porsches. But I'm jumping in here to head off Stan, who would surely come up with a clever punning gambit to point out that you mean the whole gamut of numbers. Merry Christmas and a glorious New Year with lots of smile-inducing 981 miles to you and all the Planet-9 gang.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like many another owner, I've had the number experience, and not only with Porsches. But I'm jumping in here to head off Stan, who would surely come up with a clever punning gambit to point out that you mean the whole gamut of numbers. Merry Christmas and a glorious New Year with lots of smile-inducing 981 miles to you and all the Planet-9 gang.
Ugh, I hate when I do that stuff :(. Indeed, I did. And thanks.
At least you now have a candidate name for your car lol
Lol, I assume you mean I should call her Gambit? Naw, I'd prefer not to be reminded of my stupidity, lol :D.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was beginning to think I should haver resisted the temptation to pedantry. My excuse is that the habits of an English prof are hard to shake. And I love Steve's joke. I might adopt it for my Boxster.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was beginning to think I should haver resisted the temptation to pedantry. My excuse is that the habits of an English prof are hard to shake. And I love Steve's joke. I might adopt it for my Boxster.
To avoid sounding like a completely arrogant prick, I have learned to admit my stupidity on the, rare (haha -- or not), occasion that it it manifests itself, lol. Especially in light of Steve's joke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts