Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbors blow the leaves off their yard into the street. (big oak leaves) They don't bother getting out into the street and blowing the leaves back up against the curb. :mad: So every time I drive up/down the street I leaves get sucked into the rear cooling vents. :mad: My car sounds like playing cards stuck in bicycle spokes. :(

How do you get the leaves out? I made a hook out of a clothes hanger and got a few. I vacuumed some more out. But I'm still hearing leaves against that little fan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
pressure washer did the trick for me. But I am not sure if it is a good idea to force water and air into the vents

·
Registered
121 Posts
My neighbors blow the leaves off their yard into the street. (big oak leaves) They don't bother getting out into the street and blowing the leaves back up against the curb. :mad: So every time I drive up/down the street I leaves get sucked into the rear cooling vents. :mad: My car sounds like playing cards stuck in bicycle spokes. :(

How do you get the leaves out? I made a hook out of a clothes hanger and got a few. I vacuumed some more out. But I'm still hearing leaves against that little fan.
Probably a vacuum is the safest way to remove the offending leaves and for the future, you might want to consider installing grills (check out Zunsport) to prevent more leaves from getting into the cooling intakes.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Isn't there a city regulation against that? An anonymous phone call might be indicated.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Take them out manually. What if rats jump in... Dont wanna imagine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts