Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of autocross wheels without TMPS. I've been to two events now and have always been expecting a TPMS error to pop up at some point but have not seen anything at all. I'm not complaining, just wondering why I haven't seen it. Do TPMS errors trigger after a certain mileage or speed? Has anyone else run without it and avoided the error?

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was just curious why I didn't see it. I had prepared myself for a warning and was really surprised I never saw it. This was for autocross but yesterday was evo school so I drove quite a bit. I wonder if the counter gets reset whenever the car is shutoff.

I never switched to the display to see what it said during the event but shortly after leaving I would switch over to verify my street tires were picked up correctly.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tomasz said:
And of course, we have to ask - ARE YOU SURE?
Pretty sure. ;)

I have the wheels on all day and probably drive up to 4 miles without shutting the car off (4 long runs in a row). Sounds like the limit is more than that and I reset the timer when I shut it off. That's great but I still have the thought in the back of my head that some day I am going to ruin a run when an unexpected alarm pops up mid slalom. Even if I know it's low gas or TPMS error I still have to look to make sure it's not "NO OIL!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.