Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to swap in a v8 into my boxter so I contacted someone and had a complete kit made up to bolt a chevy v8(pre ls1) to a boxster S manual trans. I had the adaptor plate, flywheel, starter, clutch kit(spec stage 3), and all the hardware made up to bolt them together.... then a started thinking about an American v6 motor instead lol so I had another kit made up to bolt a 3.8sc motor to the same set up like the v8 with everything needed to make it work. now I'm torn on which one I should do.

which one would you do? I'm leaning toward the 3.8sc just because I think it would fit better, and be an easier swap.

any pros and cons youd care to share on these swaps? please no haters... its my car and I like to mod my cars and HAVE FUN with them lol

I plan on selling what ever one I don't use if anyone is interested, they both cost around $1700 each but I'd knock a little off if someone wants to buy the one I'm not going to use.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My Mom use to say "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Sooooo, without comment on the merits of your engine swap plans, my suggestion would be to choose the engine with a weight as close to the original Porsche flat six. That is most likely the V6. Even with that you will have raised the cg of the car which will adversely affect the handling. Ooops, I promised Mom I wouldn't say anything. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm telling your mom!!! for me... I applaud anyone who steps out of line to have FUN with there cars ;) I'm leaning toward the v6 as well as I think it will leave more options in the engine bay vs the v8. I do have the option to get aluminum heads for the v6 as well if I want to spend the extra which would put that motor a bit lighter than a stock Porsche motor if I'm not mistaken. We shall see ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts