Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
You have found a magnificent Porsche model. Congratulations! I would get it to a Porsche dealer for a thorough going over and reset/update. You have strong Porsche dealers in that region with factory trained technicians. That car is new and technologically complicated enough to warrant the investment. After that you can safely drive it and decide how you want to proceed with exterior/interior conditioning. And hopefully you‘ll have started a worthwhile relationship with your authorized dealer and mechanic. I have found this to be very beneficial with my own Porsches, including a wonderful little 2014 Cayman. Good luck.
Thanks for the warm comment on the car. Regarding the dealer, I avoid those like the plague. I've got my own shop, and have been working on cars for 35 years. At the end of a day it's still a car, and not that overly complicated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I would call up the previous owner after you get the car's paint color corrected. Take him for a drive showing that indeed you are the perfect new owner of his beloved Porsche that he could no longer drive. That will probably bring tears to his eyes with a big smile on his face.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just saw this thread. I'd probably have grabbed a knife to take to the headliner and then gone out to the canyons.. but I like you all's plans better!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts