Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im newbie here, first time to own a Porsche. (Cayman S)
For my 20k service, I visited local dealer(Rusnak Pasadena), and paid around
$800 for the maintenance including oil change,filter change,deleting errors, and brake fluid.
Im not sure whether I paid too much or not.
I just did quick search and it seems like most owners pay around $350.

and I saw that PCA membership? can save 10% off. what is PCA?

I will be waiting for u guys reply.
Thx!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
PCA is the Porsche Club of America and definitely worthwhile joining.

I just had my 20k mile service at Rennewerke for my 987S. Cost me $300.00 which included my front wheel balance and a new cabin air filter. And these guys are Porsche guys. They had every kind of Porsche there including a couple of sweet 911s set up for the track.

My local porsche dealer wanted 560.00 plus tax. Then they were trying to sell me a brake flush without even seeing my car. You know if they through in the brake flush I'd have probably given them the business. But 560.00 for what amounts to a glorified oil change and then your going hit me with a bunch of extras. Sorry, I have better uses from my hard earned dollars.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
That sounds about the right price for me in the NY Metro area. $200 for the brake flush and $600 for the other checks and services.

PCA is the Porsche Club of America. $42 annual membership fee.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do i really need to pay $800 every 10k at dealer?
is there any cheaper way to maintain the car properly?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Do i really need to pay $800 every 10k at dealer?
is there any cheaper way to maintain the car properly?
Independent mechanics will be cheaper most of the time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is the only real difference at the dealer that they have the official rubber stamp for the owner's manual?

Can't say it would get you any more $$$ at resale, but might make it easier to sell your car having the proven maintenance records.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
Independent mechanics will be cheaper most of the time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is the only real difference at the dealer that they have the official rubber stamp for the owner's manual?

Can't say it would get you any more $$$ at resale, but might make it easier to sell your car having the proven maintenance records.
My independent shop stamps my mainenance book every time and I save all my invoices for documentation. My mechanic has higher Porsche Factory Certification than to dealer mechanics do too. You just need to find the right shop.
I've been raped by the dealer for the last time. :taunt:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I bought an '07 new and just had my 2 year service in November. When I got halfway home I realized they never stamed my book so I turned around and headed back. When I gave the dealer the book so he could stamp it I noticed they never even stamped the delivery inspection. I also asked them to do a safety and emissions inspection (by law every 2 years here in Missouri). They wrote it right there on the ticket but somehow managed to forget to do the work even though they had the car for 2 days. So I had to bring it back another day for the inspection and they had the balls to charge me $39!

·
Registered
134 Posts
$800 for the maintenance including oil change,filter change,deleting errors, and brake fluid.

Thx!!
Do yourself, it's easy and you will save big time.:dance:

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thx!!

What "errors" did they delete?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thx!!
I brought mine at Rusak Pasadena but have my Cayman S serviced at Walter's [email protected] Riverside. $140 for oil chage/every year and 180 for brake fluid/every 2 years. Check their website for unscheduled internet specials. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the relationship with the dealer. If you give them the business and have an issue down the road they may work a bit harder for you if the problem is in the gray area. Then again some don't seem to care one way or the other. If that's the case then I'd use another source.

I'm not sure how an independent shop would get training on the new DFI engines.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Can't remember the exact numbers but think I paid round $350 U.S. for my oil change and 15 point inspection, including checking/clearing faults......$800 is rich, find another dealer or a good independant

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
My 20k service is due. Dealer said $750, PLUS "you should change the brake fluid every 2 years"...that's another $350.:crazy:

This is complete nonsense. I'll be calling some Chicagoland Porsche tune shops.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

Thx!!
sinenerin,

Next time try McKenna Porsche in Downey. They did my 2 year service $463.00 OTD, they did everything except the cabin filter.
I don't like the "Rusnak attitude" everyone there seems to have. It does'nt surprize me they charged you $800.00... and they probably acted like they did you a favor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sinenerin,

Next time try McKenna Porsche in Downey. They did my 2 year service $463.00 OTD, they did everything except the cabin filter.
I don't like the "Rusnak attitude" everyone there seems to have. It does'nt surprize me they charged you $800.00... and they probably acted like they did you a favor.
you are totally right, they specially gave me 15% discounted price which is $800. haha
I will try for my next service. Thx!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts