Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a sports car before and I wasn't even thinking of buying a car but when I saw it advertised online, I just had to have it. 2 weeks later I picked it up.
It has Sport Chrono, 20 inch wheels, Burmester audio, navigation and probably some other things I don't know are options. It's also a 2013 manual base model which seems to be very hard to find, I didn't want the PDK.
I don't plan on doing much to it beyond Smart Top which I want to pick up within the next week.
I'm in Calgary, Alberta so it's below zero degrees every day and I can't drive it! I've had it in my garage for 3 weeks now and haven't been able to take it out at all, it's terrible having something so close but not being able to use it. I'm hoping the warm weather comes very soon.
I think I got a pretty good deal, let me know what you think. I paid $40,000 CAD and that included paint protection film applied to everything from the doors forward except the windshield. It has 40,000 kilometres.

Here is the only photo I have of it since I haven't taken it out yet. This is when I picked it up from the dealership at the end of January, it's the only time I've driven it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Congrats - it must be BRUTAL staring at it in your garage for 3 weeks. I hope you get a warm spell soon so you can enjoy it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
To see but don't touch.. to touch but don't taste...to taste but don't swallow...

Lovely car btw.. hope weather will get better fast.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had my car 7 weeks and I've driven it 3 times. It's supposed to snow for another 2 weeks and the temperature is supposed to stay under the historical average of 4 degrees for the entire time. I have never seen a winter like this here.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have had my car 7 weeks and I've driven it 3 times. It's supposed to snow for another 2 weeks and the temperature is supposed to stay under the historical average of 4 degrees for the entire time. I have never seen a winter like this here.
‘Patience my friend, Imknow it must be killing you but better days are ahead.

A few winters ago my car was in storage almost 5 months because it was so cold and crappy but when the weather turned it was so worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never owned a sports car before and I wasn't even thinking of buying a car but when I saw it advertised online, I just had to have it. 2 weeks later I picked it up.
It has Sport Chrono, 20 inch wheels, Burmester audio, navigation and probably some other things I don't know are options. It's also a 2013 manual base model which seems to be very hard to find, I didn't want the PDK.
I don't plan on doing much to it beyond Smart Top which I want to pick up within the next week.
I'm in Calgary, Alberta so it's below zero degrees every day and I can't drive it! I've had it in my garage for 3 weeks now and haven't been able to take it out at all, it's terrible having something so close but not being able to use it. I'm hoping the warm weather comes very soon.
I think I got a pretty good deal, let me know what you think. I paid $40,000 CAD and that included paint protection film applied to everything from the doors forward except the windshield. It has 40,000 kilometres.

Here is the only photo I have of it since I haven't taken it out yet. This is when I picked it up from the dealership at the end of January, it's the only time I've driven it.

View attachment 266991
Yes those are the ones! Can you tell me the rim sizes and /or tire sizes! I bought mine a year and a half ago with only 6600mi, but wished it had your rims. The time has come. thanks for your reply John 981, Harbor City, Ca

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 266991
[that’s awesome welcome aboard. When I got mine it was a dream come true. Looks great. Ed]

View attachment 266991
[that’s awesome welcome aboard. When I got mine it was a dream come true. Looks great. Ed]

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
welcome....enjoy in good health...

If I were you - I'm sure you've sat in the car itching to drive it....
I'm experiencing that too now but for different reasons - we are on restricted movement due to COVID-19 so I know how it feels!

·
Registered
935 Posts

View attachment 266991
You will be able to more than make up for the wait blasting through the twisties around Banff once the weather gets here. Enjoy it in good health. Looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Good for you hope you get to enjoy it soon.
Things are ruff here in Florida also; it was too hot yesterday (88-90F) to take the top off. Somehow I'll manage to pull thru.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts