Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there. I am thinking about selling my '15 Boxster GTS. I am wondering what I could get for my car. The car is located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

It is a one owner and fully serviced at Porsche of Halifax. It currently has 6,000 km or about 3,800 miles since I bought it in May 2015. It is in perfect condition and still has the new car smell.

Options:

Rhodium Silver with Garnet Red Natural Leather and red top
Sport Techno wheels
6 speed manual
PASM
PTV
White instrument gages/White sport chronometer
Bose stereo
Color matched roll bars
WeatherTech floorliners
Front and Rear cargo trays
Porsche crest in headrests
'GTS' deleted on doors

Reactions: James III

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice car, do you never drive it due to the weather, is that why you want to sell?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff78

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice car, do you never drive it due to the weather, is that why you want to sell?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Title says "have to" not "want to".

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The main reason for selling is because of some debts I have and by selling this will make things easier for me. Another reason is that I have a job where I work for 2 weeks at a time and so that is the main reason why the car has low mileage....and as James III mentioned...the weather here in Nova Scotia is rarely nice. We might get a couple months of weather where it is comfortable to put the top down.

Here are a few pictures:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Steering wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car

Reactions: Rokmor

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Asking prices for non-GTS 981 2015 Boxster Ss at P dealers in Canada are in the high '70s...sometimes in the low '80s. It's been a LONG time since a Boxster GTS showed up on a lot, and the only Cayman GTS is listed at $103k, lightly optioned and just a few thousand km more than yours. As you are probably aware, there is a yellow BGTS on Autotrader, 14,500km, for $89k...but that's it in Canada.

My view is having a 6-speed is a big bonus for someone that would want a manual (like me), but likely somewhat reduces your potential market as PDK is the norm. It it were my car, I'd list it on Autotrader, Rennlist and P9 for $97,500 (Canadian $). Post a couple of dozen really good photos, and see how much reaction there is. For reference, the local dealer offered me about $20k less for my 2011 911 GTS than I got after a week on the market. A Boxster GTS in springtime shouldn't be too hard to sell.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Asking prices for non-GTS 981 2015 Boxster Ss at P dealers in Canada are in the high '70s...sometimes in the low '80s. It's been a LONG time since a Boxster GTS showed up on a lot, and the only Cayman GTS is listed at $103k, lightly optioned and just a few thousand km more than yours. As you are probably aware, there is a yellow BGTS on Autotrader, 14,500km, for $89k...but that's it in Canada.

My view is having a 6-speed is a big bonus for someone that would want a manual (like me), but likely somewhat reduces your potential market as PDK is the norm. It it were my car, I'd list it on Autotrader, Rennlist and P9 for $97,500 (Canadian $). Post a couple of dozen really good photos, and see how much reaction there is. For reference, the local dealer offered me about $20k less for my 2011 911 GTS than I got after a week on the market. A Boxster GTS in springtime shouldn't be too hard to sell.
This saved me some typing! ;)

I agree, you should not have a hard time selling it considering the time of year, condition, mileage and lack of competition (not other cars but specifically a Boxster GTS).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. :) I was thinking somewhere in the low 80's for mine and that the dealer may offer low 70's if they bought back the car from me. It would be great if I could get it into the 90's. Im just waiting to hear back from my sales person. I am thinking that it may be the right time to let it go.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Agree with the other two canucks who posted above me.

Jeff, you have my sympathies. Shame if you have to sell such a wonderful car, but one must do what one must do. I'm sure you'll get your asking price in no time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I would like to keep my car but I know this is the right move right now. There's so much going on now and my wife is going back to school for a couple years to upgrade her nursing career. :)

I should hear by monday what the dealer in Halifax is going to offer me and I also asked for their opinion on market value.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks guys. I would like to keep my car but I know this is the right move right now. There's so much going on now and my wife is going back to school for a couple years to upgrade her nursing career. :)

I should hear by monday what the dealer in Halifax is going to offer me and I also asked for their opinion on market value.
It's only a car. After all, don't love something that doesn't love you back. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Car is for sale! Just trying to link up the ad on Panjo to here.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I'm curious what the dealer offered. My guess is around $77,000.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish. I may have taken that offer....I was offered $67,000. I can only imagine their markup!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I wish. I may have taken that offer....I was offered $67,000. I can only imagine their markup!
Wow. That's crazy low. Make sure when you sell it for $90k you pop in and mention it to the guy who low-balled you. What irks me is that people who don't know better regularly get hosed. I have no issue with a dealer making the same or higher margin on a used car as a new one...but at some point it's just unethical (in my view).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I thought so too! I checked what the car was worth using the canadian black book and it gave me a range from 68-71 thousand for a trade-in. They didn't even offer me the lowest number. I am seeing '15 S models sell for high 70's in canada and I see GTS models in the USA go for high 60's and into the 70's which converts to mid 80's to mid 90's (CAD). The used car manager at the dealership tried to tell me that they had just sold a '16 Boxster S with 3500km on it for $67,000. I knew he was full of BS when I looked at their site and saw a '16 Boxster base model with 3500 km for $69,900.

All I want is a fair price for my car. That really bugs me too when dealers do that. I had someone contact me about my car...but nothing serious yet.

I am asking $86,000 obo.

·
Registered
736 Posts
You'll get your price, Jeff. It's only been a week. As long as you advertise it on nationally used sources (i.e. AutoTrader.ca) there will be a Porsche enthusiast willing to pay your asking price, or close to it. Hold out for it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you Spectre. Im hoping that it can sell before I store it this winter. :)

I put it on the AutoTrader and Kijiji in Nova Scotia....and of course Planet-9! :banana:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm thinking you could get US$70k, if you are not too far from the U.S. border. It's easy to import a used car, and yours sounds like a very fine example. Id be very interested, if it weren't for my present Porsche "girlfriend" The Cayman GTS is a great Porsche and yours is a fine example.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Thank you Spectre. Im hoping that it can sell before I store it this winter. :)

I put it on the AutoTrader and Kijiji in Nova Scotia....and of course Planet-9! :banana:
Do a good ad on Rennlist, too. I know it's more 911 focused, but there's a decent-sized community of Cayman and Boxster folks there.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for the helpful tips! :)

I will let you know when I do sell it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.