Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Saturday I am driving from metro Atlanta to Florida to look at a Meteor Grey 2010 Boxster I have on hold at Porsche of Destin. It's a CPO car with 36K miles. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for CPO 987.2's for the last few months, and there just have not been that many, especially in a color I want. This Meteor Grey car looks really nice in the pictures on the dealership website, and I'm really excited to drive down and see it next weekend. I wonder if this car was previously owned or leased by someone here on Planet 9?

Mike Smith
Alpharetta, GA

·
Registered
895 Posts
Best of luck and post pix should you purchase it.

They are great cars and the sweet spot between the Gen 1 with its issues and latest model which is going to be higher priced..

Also, just because it's a CPO, it's still a good idea to have a PPI done looking for the obvious but also paint/body/repair work. I'd walk if any of the latter are found.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
I bought my CPO 2010 Cayman S from those guys. It was a pleasant transaction. Same as you-- I looked for months all over the US and ended up buying 300 miles away.
BTW--- Ask them to include the 40000 mile service with plugs. They did it for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the reply j patterson. It's good to hear you had a pleasant buying experience. I'll keep the 40K service negotiation in mind.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I checked out the car on their website looks like a nice car. Good luck on your search for a car.

Cman21

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
silentmike, i know what the wait its like, it can be agonising! :)

good luck with the shopping - grey is a nice subtle colour - from a fellow 987.2 grey owner....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just 'joined' two weeks ago. CPO 2011 Boxster S PDK with 24,500 miles. So far - SO AMAZNG. It's my first P car - and the most expensive car car I've ever owned. I am thrilled, but still a bit in shock (and slightly anxious) that it's mine.

We drove two next gen Boxsters - Rented a 2013 Base and demoed another 2013 Base that was on the lot when we got ours. Though the new ones are great cars, both the wife and I preferred the 2011. The newer ones are a skosh more spacious and we like the design evolution, - but with the electric assist steering and other 'refinements' it did not feel as instinctive or sporty to drive. I don't think it was just the S that made the difference. We drove another 2010 base and the differences compared to the newer ones where much the same.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did it. The Meteor Grey Boxster is mine! The drive back from Destin was a hoot. It was unseasonable warm, and I was able to make most of the drive with the top down until I hit a little rain an hour and a half outside of Atlanta. I'll post some pics soon. Overall I'm tickled to death with her. Meteor Grey gives her a real understated beauty. The dealership performed the 40K service and mounted two new rears. I have to admit, the CPO warranty does give me an extra feeling of security.

I'm already planning a few modifications to the interior. The finish is peeling off the center console in a couple of places near the ash tray. I'm looking at buying a Meteor Grey finished console from Bumberplugs. The new center console will be nicely accented by a new shift boot from Redline goods in black perforated leather with grey stitching. The only other thing I'd like to work on is the leather on the steering wheel and e-brake handle. The leather itself looks to be in good shape, but the finish is worn in places. Do any of you folks here on Planet 9 know if the leather on the wheel and e-brake handle can be touched up?

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts