Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone ive got Boxster S 2005 987 3.2 with 280hp

am planing on tunes , Mods :S but without turbo or supercharger or touch the engine

first of all need your help cuz i found alot of companies ,, i care about the hp ... most of all ... what can i put insted of turbo or surpercharger

all i know is air intake.. chip, and full exhaust system ? if there are anymore just tell me and from wich company to gain more hp for those things?

cuz i felt crazy , most of the companies dont talk about hp just the sounds :S i dont give a >>> about sounds i wanna gain hp lol :D wish some one could help me

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
I am no expert but this would be my list according to your needs
1.Capristo Exhaust with Headers
2.SRP with Flash
3.Evo high Air flow Filter
4.Desnork the side vents
5.underdrive pulley

this should get you the max Performance without a Turbo
Why not just Turbo the Car ?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If you dont want to go the forced induction route, which is understandable, mostly inspired from what several members here have done, here's what I think:

1. Full exhaust system, including headers and all. I'd recommend Capristo if you are willing to spend, but there are others like Fabspeed that offer a full exhaust system too, a search would reveal that.
  2. Softronic race plenum and software.

However, the cost of these (especially with the capristo) is close to the cost of the stage 1 turbo offered by TPC, which gives you 100whp extra. As a value for money, I think it is obvious that the turbo is the winner.

Further search and reading will reveal much more info!

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,774 Posts
I don't think you will be able to get 40 HP+ without doing a turbo. All you can do to add HP is an exhaust (plenum won't work on a 3.2L). This will get you about +20 HP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that sounds good for turbo stage 1 ... but as i heard from my friend our country is so hot , and turbo could blow engine and its not for daily use,, also he told me that you cant put turbo without changing exhaust cat back , air filter theese things dunno need your advise guys .

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
A fellow member (Hassan) is doing the install soon isA in KSA, maybe he can chime in and share his opinion.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You really need to check your source man :D

987 engines are prone to "some" failures, but mostly because of oil starvation under extreme cornering speeds. If the Boxster engine were sensitive, mine would have blown up a long time ago!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
You will never get 40-50hp from bolt on parts... Well you possibly could but the cost would eclipse the entire cost of the turbo system and possibly approach the cost of the car. Our stage 1 system would be a good fit. You might want to do some research in our dedicated forum...

TPC Racing General Forum -

We have done a number of these and there is currently one being installed relatively near you in Saudi Arabia.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
hi everyone ive got Boxster S 2005 987 3.2 with 280hp

am planing on tunes , Mods :S but without turbo or supercharger or touch the engine

first of all need your help cuz i found alot of companies ,, i care about the hp ... most of all ... what can i put insted of turbo or surpercharger

all i know is air intake.. chip, and full exhaust system ? if there are anymore just tell me and from wich company to gain more hp for those things?

cuz i felt crazy , most of the companies dont talk about hp just the sounds :S i dont give a >>> about sounds i wanna gain hp lol :D wish some one could help me
OMG!!! What brought you here to this forum?

Hmm... I've been to Kuwait for a visit and found out you have the most delicious traditional food in the GCC region! You have a restaurant there called "Freej Bu Saleh" if I remember correctly and the food there is... subhan Allah wa behamdeh, actually the word delicious cannot even begin to describe it.

The conclusion is that when you have such delicious traditional food in your country in addition to the the best cousin on planet earth; i.e. the Persian along with the nearby Turkish and Eastern Mediterranean Cousin (shared by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Palestine) I am sure you need to lose weight, right?

Now don't get offended, this very much answers your question. But let me brief you of what options you have.

1) You can start with the sweet Flash ECU upgrade. A software sold by FVD or Softronic here to give you approximately 13hp for few $100s.

Yes, I had it myself and I loved it by all means. But my satisfaction lasted only seven weeks and I just restored my ECU back to stock yesterday morning. Why? Hold your breath...

2) You can go for exhaust upgrade which is very popular on this forum.

I think pretty much every single exhaust for Porsche is either discussed, promoted if not sold here (Planet-9.com) in group buys from time to time at very attractive prices. The most popular here (Planet-9.com) is the Borla for its distinguished sound and reasonable price. The Capristo; the most elite and most expensive of course gives the best hp gain among other exhausts. And has fanatics (whether owners or fans) whom would bite you if you dared to compare its sound to another exhaust system.

3) You can go for the Plenum, filters plus exhaust upgrade which again here is very popular on this forum.

I was going into that direction myself as this is the best solution for naturally aspirated choice. And if you want my advice in case this is your ultimate satisfaction, then go for the EVOMS RS 350 or EVOMS 370 kit which is pretty much all of the above but comes in a package sold by EVOMS (best price I got) and SharkWerks:
http://www.evoms.com/home.asp?now=4/18/2010+7:20:26+PM
987 Cayman and Boxster - SharkWerks Porsche Project Gallery

Now your question could be why I didn't go that way, right?

Well, you could say because even with the RS 350 kit you still cannot beat the new Cayman with pdk (I hate you Dr. Kareem). Not to mention that there are so many mice cars down the street that are very competitive to the Cayman/Boxster off-track. In other words, (from my perspective as this could offend so many here) I believe Gen1 Boxsters/Caymans are like dinosaurs down the streets. And if you ever tracked your car you'd know it requires a completely different type of skill (very elite) to achieve something on the track... not like street racing (which you're losing to mice cars and pdk Porsches). Add to that your Boxster/Cayman is for now a celebrity on the streets until the GT3 or 911 Turbo shows up to steal the lights along with victories!

All of the above is true... but not applicable in my case!

You see I work in a remote town called Ha'il where the next best vehicle on the street after my Porsche is a Toyota Hilux pick-up (no kidding). So I don't have competitors down the street. And there is not a single Porsche other than mine within 600km radius.

You wrote you want hp gain. And it is absolutely about POWER! My ultimate choice below. And I am not going to discuss what kind of impact this power will reflect on the faces of mice drivers or with all respect our highly respected top of the line Porsches. :taunt:

4) 550 MAD HORSE POWER... my choice!

What could be better than having the highest performance turbo kit in the market developed by a racing team installed by a service center?

In an hour I am driving to Riyadh inshallah to handover my "Mistress" to the service center for them to install the TPC Racing 550hp kit. I have official approvals from service centers in Jeddah, Riyadh and Bahrain to do the installation... but I chose Riyadh as it is closest to me. And I am sure service centers in Kuwait would do it. Just send me a private message, and I'll guide you.

Oh, one last thing... if you are still wondering what does all of this has to do with you losing weight?!!

Well, because last year my weight increased from 90kg to 95kg during my one month vacation in Europe (hey, I still looked good as my height is 187cm!!!) and I failed to lose the extra kilos... until earlier this month when I jumped onboard for the TPC turbo kit. Since then I don't sleep more than 4 hours in the night and my weight dropped to 91 kg (and still dropping) as I don't want to see food let along eating!

Yes I love my car, dearly! She is the only woman in my heart and I can't wait to have her turbo charged!!! :burnout:

BoxsterS, feel free to contact me any time... I can call you for more details. Just let me run to Riyadh and wish me a safe drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.