Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my new 2010 Cayman - one week old. However, the CDR-30 has already self-destructed. Here's the problem. I had it all set up perfectly, bluetooth working to my iPhone, radio presets listed according to frequency, etc. Calling friends, making them jealous hearing the roar of my engine. Now all of a sudden when i press "phone" it says that the "telephone is not available". When I press "set" to set up a new phone nothing happens, like it is frozen (the soft key menu does not pull up). My cell phone does not recognize any devices (as if the CDR30 is not sending out a signal). My radio presets now list type of music/station name no matter how I program the set-up. New soft-keys have appeared -- "TP" under radio, "TA" under sound.

Yes, i have reset the CDR30, set it to "default", taken out the fuse for a minute or two (i think it was the right one) and nothing works. WTF?

Could I be pulling the wrong fuse? Which one is it? Any other tips? Not happy with this at all....much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery > 15mins? This would eliminate the possibility of pulling the wrong fuse.

-Moto

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
That is interesting. TP and TA are normally only available on european radios instead of US versions. Would be interesting to know if you have full RDS capability with the radio in its present state. This might also explain your inability to connect your phone.

Does you display look something like this? TP shown in lower right. HTH

If yes then you might have accidentally managed to switch countries on that by way of a key/button sequence, pressing multiple keys/buttons simultaneously, etc - possibly. If that happens to be the case it would be interesting to know what that sequence is/was and what other capabilities might be available; i.e as in change/control color of the display, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that is a bit crazy, I have unlocked a secret door...my screen is exactly like that one (except in English, not German). I have no clue how I did this. Now the question is how to get back out of the rabbit hole...on a tangent, any idea what TP stands for? Do you think if I press a bunch of buttons I will get NAV for free??? :)

·
3,078 Posts
I believe that the abbreviation TP stands for Traffic Program. From my travels in Germany I've seen that feature interrupt a music program to broadcast traffic advisory information; i.e a slowdown, crawl, accident on the autobahn. Thereby allowing listeners a chance for a reroute, etc. HTH

Does your radio still tune and play? Note the frequency steps it takes when you manually tune it. Over here the steps are .2 increments.

Now to your NAV questions. It depends on whose buttons you push whether or not you get your NAV for free. :hilarious:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If you haven't fixed the problem yet, I'd say take it to the dealer and tell them what's going on. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out and fix your problem free of charge. Especially if you just made a recent purchase.

·
3,078 Posts
If you haven't fixed the problem yet, I'd say take it to the dealer and tell them what's going on. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out and fix your problem free of charge. Especially if you just made a recent purchase.
And have them document it. That way you can provide the secret handshake to this membership. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Loving my new 2010 Cayman - one week old. However, the CDR-30 has already self-destructed. Here's the problem. I had it all set up perfectly, bluetooth working to my iPhone, radio presets listed according to frequency, etc. Calling friends, making them jealous hearing the roar of my engine. Now all of a sudden when i press "phone" it says that the "telephone is not available". When I press "set" to set up a new phone nothing happens, like it is frozen (the soft key menu does not pull up). My cell phone does not recognize any devices (as if the CDR30 is not sending out a signal). My radio presets now list type of music/station name no matter how I program the set-up. New soft-keys have appeared -- "TP" under radio, "TA" under sound.

Yes, i have reset the CDR30, set it to "default", taken out the fuse for a minute or two (i think it was the right one) and nothing works. WTF?

Could I be pulling the wrong fuse? Which one is it? Any other tips? Not happy with this at all....much appreciated.
]

did your CDR30 recognize your iphone contacts?

·
3,078 Posts
]

did your CDR30 recognize your iphone contacts?
If he managed to set his CDR-30 to another country then I would imaging that it wouldn't recognize it since foreign countries may not be the same for cell phone service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AmDeutsch - you were absolutely right, when i manually tune the radio it goes by 0.1 increments. I never noticed that in the US it is every 0.2....you learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
219 Posts
bluetooth not working has nothing to do with european/us cell phone service type. I would just guess the CDR30 is messed up and a dealer visit is needed.

·
3,078 Posts
Could very well be. But I do believe that US cell phones, for the majority, don't necessarily work in European countries. Some may. Therefore I believe that him trying to get his set up may be a factor of that issue.

I believe that we have some Porsche techs on here, both European and US, that might be able to chime in.

·
3,078 Posts
Well Matt doesn't allow emails or PMs. Wonder if there is an update available to this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Two thoughts...I ended up springing for the PCM because the CDR-30 and bluetooth/iphone doesn't work too well...
Second Porsche has had several firmware updates that made my 09 work nearly perfectly....you need the firmware to the head, and all of the various control modules and then have them clean out all the modules, dealer does this...since then it works well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well still haven't had time to bring in the car yet.. Will update you when I know. I would think that upgrading from a cdr30 to a pcm would be impossible or cost-prohibitive. I have to say though i am very disappointed with the sound quality. I realize that it's a performance car but the radio is pathetic for a $60k car...

·
Registered
160 Posts
on this issue you have to work with dealer/PNA...they control all the electronics in the car...I wonder about folks who have after market things put in cars...at least after 2009/Gen 2...every time I have dealer check things out they need to use their "special" computer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts