Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I need to change front & rear brake pads, rotors and sensors on my CS 2006. The workshop quoted me $1700 for stock parts, which is way too expensive i feel. I found the Hawk HPS Street Brake Pads and Centric Premium Rotor (performance street) that cost approximately $1020 before shipping and tax on TireRack.com. I wonder if these replacements are good for my car or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Hi guys,

I need to change front & rear brake pads, rotors and sensors on my CS 2006. The workshop quoted me $1700 for stock parts, which is way too expensive i feel. I found the Hawk HPS Street Brake Pads and Centric Premium Rotor (performance street) that cost approximately $1020 before shipping and tax on TireRack.com. I wonder if these replacements are good for my car or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks
I suggest you look at Suncoast for the parts prices. I know it was nothing close to $1700 when I replaced mine. BTW, I did not replace the sensors, just zip-tied them out of the way. If you are at all familiar with performing brake pad and rotor replacement, you will find that is quite easy on our car. Also, be sure to access suncoast from the site so that the site gets credit for the reference.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks
Rimmz:

Check out "Give Me a Brake" on "Today's Posts". It shows the whole brake changing process. Sensors are not strictly needed if you monitor your brakes. It's likely your old ones will be OK...except maybe for one if you melted it.

You can get sensors from Suncoast and they just plug in to the car on one side and slide in to the brake pads on the other. Make sure and route the wire so it can't touch any spinning wheels etc.

Factory pads are probably best on the street or maybe some dustless ceramic pads (unless you autocross on street pads. Ceramics don't stop quite as well as the stock pads but no dust...It's a choice made based on what sort of driving you do. Normal street driving favors dust free pads, hard, HP street and autocross favors stock).

Then get a set of Pagid Yellow for track use if you track the car. They will squeal like mad on the street, but stop the car well in repeated high speed stop situations like a race track and they last a long time. Don't run your street pads at the track (the heat will muck them up) and seldom run your track pads on the street (big noise plus don't work well when cold) and you'll be happy and have long lasting pads.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I suggest you look at Suncoast for the parts prices. I know it was nothing close to $1700 when I replaced mine. . .
+1 for Suncoast - I just totaled their price (before tax/shipping) for OEM replacement rotors, pads, and caliper bolts (which are supposed to be replaced with the rotors) and it came out to just over $800.

·
Registered
159 Posts
+1 on Kenkg. Suncoast, sensors, and ease of install. If you DE consider not using drilled but indtesd either slotted or flat rotors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the information provided i much appreciate it... i haven't done anykind of work on any car before so i think i'll just take it to a work shop to get replaced. i worry i might screw something up and end up in a wall or on top of the curb ;)

Cheerz

Rimmz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts