Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do you have the option to buy the salvaged car for $11,725? That'd be a very profitable part-out.
+1

If you have the space and knowledge/patience, this would be a great part-out vehicle. This would be very tempting if the answer is "yes" to those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was out looking at lights with my wife tonight. While going about 3 miles an hour I ran into a curb. Not only did it trash the lower bumper, it managed to smash the radiator and I lost my coolant really quickly. Once I realized what had happened I shut the car down. Probably ran for about 30 seconds as the coolant was dumping out. After sitting for some time, the coolant temp was stuck at 261 right outside of the RED zone. I don't think I did any real damage to the engine but I am worried.

And I have a pretty good chunk out of the tire as well as a nice bit of curb rash.

Going to need a new radiator, two new tires, front lower bumper cover, splash pan, alignment, coolant and paint. I am guessing about $4K and a week in the shop :(

View attachment 265877 View attachment 265878

I am super bummed and mad at myself :(

Scott
Sorry for what happened. You are safe and sound. You can fix everything up. I really understand how you feel. I hate scratches on my machine.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts