Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While out running a couple of errands in the Cayman, I ran across the new Cayman, Boxster, and two 911's high altitude testing. I spoke briefly with the driver of the Cayman and he confirmed it was a four cylinder turbo. Sorry for the poor pictures but it was hard to capture anything good while driving. The Cayman sounded very nice.
IMG_5143.JPG IMG_5144.JPG IMG_5145.JPG IMG_5146.JPG IMG_5150.JPG IMG_5151.JPG

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Thanks for the post. Still, I cringe when anyone spells it BOXTER.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice spotting! Thanks for sharing :cheers:

·
Noob
843 Posts
how do folks get hand on new versions, specially all the way in michigan? loyal customers? beta testers?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Reactions: Rubber Chicken

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts

·
4,088 Posts

This article sums up everything that I know in the rumor mill and is all old news...but what I've heard is that the GT3, GT4 and now I presume the Spyder will retain a NA flat six. I'm not sure how the HP will play out in all these models though. The turbos are going to bring HP, torque, fuel efficiency and lower emissions. The NA flat sixes will bring the zuffenhausen symphony.

I'm a music lover.

·
Registered
625 Posts

This article sums up everything that I know in the rumor mill and is all old news...but what I've heard is that the GT3, GT4 and now I presume the Spyder will retain a NA flat six. I'm not sure how the HP will play out in all these models though. The turbos are going to bring HP, torque, fuel efficiency and lower emissions. The NA flat sixes will bring the zuffenhausen symphony.

I'm a music lover.
In this case I'm an audiophile as well ;)

·
4,088 Posts
991.2 Turbos roll out at the Frankfurt auto show this year. 981.2 turbos will probably be the next model year. No idea when they will be revealed but definitely after the 991s.

Reactions: Enilder
1 - 20 of 65 Posts