Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
YMMV, but:

(a) again, maybe I got it right with X73 but the 18" wheels. To me, it rides great, plus handling.

(b) my only familiarity with the cupholders is that I use them once per year, going to the beach. 300 miles, rural highways, middle of the night, and we stop for coffee and my wife is in charge of "beverage management" and I do not take my eyes off the road hunting for the travel mug.

Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
I use one of the 30-oz Yeti-knock-offs from Walmart with a straw. Obviously, can't use the straw with hot drinks. Surprisingly, I've never had that thing come loose, despite a huge amount of torque around corners with a full cup. It fits snugly. I've also used the smaller Yeti-knock-offs with similar results.

Registered
"Does your coffee table have a steering wheel?" asked the German angrily....."No? Then your car should not have a cupholder!"

LOL
I too have managed to douse myself with caffeine on occasion. Just all part of the experience ;)

+1 on the McKensie exercises. I have a deteriorated L4/L5. I've also found a hard roller to be useful.

Registered
One of the funniest Porsche legends is the "cupholder" in the sports cars. PCNA insisted and Stuttgart refused. The solution: Drop the glove box 1" and install the most over-engineered and under-functional "cupholder" ever.

Vy arrr de Amerikans trinkin in ze car? Zay shoud be drivink mit bote hanz. :rolleyes:

Registered
OK, anecdote times, I see ...

I stopped driving at night. Basically, I am scared to even "roll" or "steer" the car, while driving is totally off limits. Yes, our roads are terrible at night, but I just came back from EU where I did couple of short drives at night and it was no fun.

You know why? During the last dozen years or so I have been forcing myself to apply on the road all and everything that is applicable from racetrack driving. Made it a muscle memory and habit. Well, when you CAN'T use your eyes properly, things get really scary. I truly feel like I am blind seeing ony 45 degrees of 360 available and for 100 feet in length, maximum. Didn't bother me any 15 years ago, I could pull 9 hours trek through the night like nothing.

Problem is, 15 years ago I had no idea what driving was, let alone how to drive.

Or, even easier, I cannot move the vehicle anymore without fastening the seatbelt. It feels totally wrong. Just like it felt totally wrong to have it fastened some 35 years ago.

Sometimes, doing the right thing can feel terribly wrong. That doesn't make it any less right, though.

Peace out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Premium Member
15 GTS
So revalving your shocks with your laptop while you drive so you don't spill your Starbucks is frowned upon? Noted.... ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts