Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Long story short but here goes.
I originally ordered (in Sept last year) a Base Cayman with a few options two of which we're full leather agate grey/pebble grey and pts in Riviera Blue. Both of these were a considerable problem and Monday last week OPC in Sheffield refunded my deposit and cancelled order as they couldn't get any indication of a build date. I felt sorry for them as it wasn't there fault but they couldn't get an idea of a month for the build.
Anyway I go away, deposit in hand and go on configurator again.......... Maybe the odd time or so........ say like 3247 times that's an odd number, like we do. I thought do you know what, for not much more I could get a GTS if I avoid options and it comes with virtually everything I wanted, all except parking sensors and heated seats.
So I try to get an order in for a GTS and find that getting an allocation is rarer than hens teeth. So I test drive a very nearly new GTS and lose out on that and another. Eventually OPC at Portsmouth advise me I could get an April allocation for GTS so I order it. :dance:
But what's driving me mad is I can't stop myself from reading every forum, review, website and I have another 4 or 5 months to go. I can't stop myself....... It's like an addiction and I haven't got the car yet.
How can I get to April without going mad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi everyone
Long story short but here goes.
I originally ordered (in Sept last year) a Base Cayman with a few options two of which we're full leather agate grey/pebble grey and pts in Riviera Blue. Both of these were a considerable problem and Monday last week OPC in Sheffield refunded my deposit and cancelled order as they couldn't get any indication of a build date. I felt sorry for them as it wasn't there fault but they couldn't get an idea of a month for the build.
Anyway I go away, deposit in hand and go on configurator again.......... Maybe the odd time or so........ say like 3247 times that's an odd number, like we do. I thought do you know what, for not much more I could get a GTS if I avoid options and it comes with virtually everything I wanted, all except parking sensors and heated seats.
So I try to get an order in for a GTS and find that getting an allocation is rarer than hens teeth. So I test drive a very nearly new GTS and lose out on that and another. Eventually OPC at Portsmouth advise me I could get an April allocation for GTS so I order it. :dance:
But what's driving me mad is I can't stop myself from reading every forum, review, website and I have another 4 or 5 months to go. I can't stop myself....... It's like an addiction and I haven't got the car yet.
How can I get to April without going mad.
Glad you're sorted Gary. I take it Solihull couldn't help?

·
Registered
32 Posts
:hilarious:

A great decision and, from reports of current availability, you did very well to find an allocation as early as April.

I had about a two and a half month wait for mine. I took a few photos of a base Cayman that was in the showroom when I placed my order and was the same colour and wheel combination as my car would be.

Along with becoming a compulsive forum reader and seeker of Cayman videos on YouTube, I probably looked at these photos on most days until my car arrived.

The only problem is, it didn't work - I still ended up going mad.

I think I might be better now though.

Maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Hi Gary,

In late summer 2012 Lime-Gold #1 (BJR) and in early Dec 2012 Lime-Gold #2 (myself as above) ordered our 981B S. Mine was delivered April 2, 2013 and BJR's a week or so later. Brian lives in AU.

So we feel you pain, but hourly doses of P-9 will ease the insanity you are experiencing. If not already well read as to the following threads, which chronicle the wait of many, reading such may help you and provide more than a few :hilarious:.

So get a membership to the Waiters Club http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/79824-981-waiters-club-executive-meeting.html and your key to the Executive wash room and enjoy crying in your :beer: with others out there. Continue to enjoy a few :beer:every day at a minimum.

Also see the thread of the Great Race http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/80516-team-lime-gold-vs-team-aqua-blue-race.html four of us had in the spring of 2013 tracking who's 981 baby would arrive first. PS: I won. :banana::dance:

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Holy hell!! I can only imagine what you're going through!!! I mean... I went through a lot of time with saving and researching and planning and ordering and waiting etc... but at least every I was ready to take a step, that step was there in front of me to be taken! Heck... once I ordered, things actually moved along faster than expected.

I can't imagine how agonizing it would have been to have gone through all that and ordered... and then picked up where your story begins with the delays and cancellation and then almost getting one... and then not... and now starting a whole new wait!

Dude, you have my highest sympathy!! Hang in there!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gary,

There is no way around it. You will compulsively visit this and every other forum multiple times every day. In addition, you will find yourself entering "Cayman GTS" every chance you get on the chance that there will be a new review or picture of the car. The good news is that it is all perfectly normal - or I had the exact same affliction and loved every minute of it.

Once you take delivery, you can cut back on your obsessive compulsive internet habits, at least when you are in the car.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
It doesn't stop once you get your car. It just doesn't. You will also be on the configurator again and often but just not as much.

Cheers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry Gary it's normal, I have searched "Cayamn GTS" in youtube every day for 3 months till I collected it.

See pictures into picture section of this forum.

Enjoy the wait.

·
Registered
142 Posts
welcome to our world of madness :cheers:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have searched "Cayamn GTS" in youtube every day for 3 months till I collected it.
Did you get many hits???:taunt:

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Dunno.....maybe induced coma through April?

Reactions: Lime-Gold
1 - 14 of 14 Posts