Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
great car. Roomier, comfortable, nice....but just not enough to make me write the check. Squeezed back into the CS, and once adapted, I feel like I'm at LeMans. The shape, the feel, the mid-engine. I do love this car.

Just need to get older and shrink some.

-J

·
Registered
522 Posts
great car. Roomier, comfortable, nice....but just not enough to make me write the check. Squeezed back into the CS, and once adapted, I feel like I'm at LeMans. The shape, the feel, the mid-engine. I do love this car.

Just need to get older and shrink some.

-J

You know, I drove 3 cars yesterday; Cayman S, 996 turbo, and a 997 C2. It was the first time for me to have driven the turbo and I was amazed at how refined it was. The acceleration took my breath away, but I think it out handles the Cayman as well! The 997 definately does not handle as well as the Cayman, but it does have some things that I like better.Maybe the 997S would have been more to my liking. Anyways, I'm probably going to buy the Cayman, but that turbo was something special.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
KenRose - I had a 996 turbo for 4 years before the Cayman S, and unless the turbo has had a lot of suspension work done to it, it definitely does not out-handle the Cayman S - not even close. Breathtaking acceleration, amazingly refined and easy to drive around town for a car with 425 hp, but it's still a 911.

brad

·
Registered
522 Posts
KenRose - I had a 996 turbo for 4 years before the Cayman S, and unless the turbo has had a lot of suspension work done to it, it definitely does not out-handle the Cayman S - not even close. Breathtaking acceleration, amazingly refined and easy to drive around town for a car with 425 hp, but it's still a 911.

brad
Hey Brad,
I loved that turbo that I drove. Maybe the demo Cayman had something wrong with it, or like you said, maybe there was something upgraded on the turbo; but to me the turbo was definately better. What amazed me was how refined the car was. I was not expecting that. This was my first time driving a turbo. Did you sell your turbo to buy the Cayman? If my memory is correct you race, was that a part of it too?
Ken

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />I feel like I'm at LeMans. The shape, the feel, the mid-engine. I do love this car.<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />I was thinking the same thingas I was driving the back roads to Lime Rock this morning. It is hard not to think of Steve McQueen in Le Mans when driving the Cayman S.

The new issue of AutoWeek has a story on the new Cayman. You know, the one Porsche recently said they wouldn't build. AutoWeek said that Porsche also says they won't put a turbo in the Cayman but the magazine is skeptical of that denial as well.

I thought the 997 C4 was the best balanced Carrera I have ever driven but didn't think it was more fun to drive than the Cayman S. While the C4S or911 turbo might be interesting, I am going to keep enjoying my Cayman S and see if AutoWeek is right about a Cayman turbo inthe future. If they are, my kids better get scholarships for college. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/hi.gif

Alan
</blockquote>

Edited by - BiggerTwin on 05/27/2006 05:18:42 AM

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
SF.....I got my hopes on that one too....i love turbos....so much fun! my last two cars had turbo's and i never thought i would go back...but alas...the cayman.....

would be nice though. im sure porsche can figure out how to do it.....we can always dream anyway....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts