Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the iCarSoft scanner tool? I bought one last fall and finally got around to using it today as the cars ECU is saying "oil service now." I was following this video
but my tool only shows 911 Carrera. No option for Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne or Panamera. Did I buy the wrong tool or am I not properly using the tool?

IMG_4380.jpg

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Did you power cycle the ignition after reset? I have the same device and have used it to reset the oil and major service messages without issue a few times. I have a 2014 Cayman S but have to choose the Boxster (981) choice in order for it to read error codes and get certain things to operate properly. I dont recall having it ask me for MY or anything else like you show, but maybe I'm just not remembering it. It seems that all I do is choose the reset oil lamp and then it ask for the current date as it will always reset the next notice to 1 year away from that date.

I have also found that some things or choices in the menus will only show when using the auto choice vs the manual and vice versa, so try both methods as I cannot recall the exact steps I use from memory without being connected up and device in hand. I just know the device works for me so far for all maintenance resets

There was also a firmware update available at the time I purchased mine, so maybe check and make sure you are running the latest firmware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one too! thanks for the firmware update reminder!!

OP, possible to contact the manufacturer of scanner?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update the software and make sure when you turn it on you select the newer version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your recommendations. I was able to contact tech support at iCarSoft and he was able to get it working.

·
Registered
'07 Cayman 'S'
55 Posts
Just picked up a 2007 Cayman 'S' late March of this year, and purchased an OBD-II reader last week. I need to read the OBD manual, but curious - I had a red exclamation point illuminate on the dash gauge after I performed an oil & filter change. Is this normal? ... and what do I 'reset'?

I ask, because I inadvertently reset the trip ODO the last time I tried to reset anything :cautious:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the 987's have a "service now" reading in the gauge when an oil change is due. Not sure what the red exclamation is telling you. If you have the scan tool you can turn off the "service now" reminder.

·
Registered
126 Posts
works perfect for oil change reset and other service reminders. The process should be easier, but it is a Porsche...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts