Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me what there car idle speed is? Mine seems to sit around 950rpm and that seems high to me...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seem to remember it sitting lower (I've had my car 9 months) and it just seems to be sitting high.... If its right that's fine but I'd like to have it confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
It depends on the driving mode selected:

- In Normal mode, the idle is lower: usually around 750 RPM.
- In Sport or Sport Plus, it is raised to between 950 and 1,000 RPM.
- While the coolant is warming up (usually for the first minute or so from a cold engine), the idle is about 1,400 RPM

This is all outlined in the Owner's Manual.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
This was in normal mode, waiting until after the engine has warmed and settled down.

Edit: And I had a service and oil change less than 300 miles ago.

Edit2: 2.0T base model, presumable the 2.5T will idle higher?
2.5T idles at the same levels, lower in Lexus mode (“Sport” button off), and about 50-100 rpm higher with the “Sport” button on and the engine in rev-burble-and-fart mode.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Haha burble and fart mode :)

presume you are talking about Manual transmission not PDK
No. "Burble and fart mode" is part of Sport mode on all 718s, manual or PDK.

Please see my post above (Post #7). This is how your engine's idle should be behaving in each mode, no matter what transmission you have ...

... Oh, and read your Owner's Manual. If you had, you'd never have had to ask the question in the first place. I mean, the misinformation in this forum is just incredible ...

Reactions: Cornholio

·
Registered
9 Posts
No. "Burble and fart mode" is part of Sport mode on all 718s, manual or PDK.

Please see my post above (Post #7). This is how your engine's idle should be behaving in each mode, no matter what transmission you have ...

... Oh, and read your Owner's Manual. If you had, you'd never have had to ask the question in the first place. I mean, the misinformation in this forum is just incredible ...

The point i was trying to make was "this is on a car without sports chrono" because there is no BUTTON for sport, it's a mode selector dial, though i did say PDK not SC.

Coming off a a bit of a jerk with the "i wish you people would read the manual and not ask stupid questions" and the over use of ellipsis... But you're American so it's probably not intentional...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Coming off a a bit of a jerk with the "i wish you people would read the manual and not ask stupid questions" and the over use of ellipsis... But you're American so it's probably not intentional...
I come off as a jerk because this thread is totally unnecessary. The info asked for is in the literature that comes with the car, as well as online (see my link; It's from Porsche's own website) and in the Porsche "Good to Know" app. Three sources, sir. The OP is simply lazy, and I personally don't have a lot of tolerance for that on forums for a variety of reasons.

As for my being American and overusing ellipses: I'm an editor by trade. I know my diction. Thank you for your pseudo-cultural BS, as well as your own misuse of an ellipsis (space both before and after the mark, and add a fourth period when the mark ends both a complete sentence and the related topic).

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just got my 718 on Saturday. I have noticed on a few occasions that the rpms have dropped to the point the car felt like it was stalling out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.