Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riffing off another thread. I think that done right, PTS, despite the cost, can really make the car. If done right, the car will remain stunning with the passage of time. I skimped out and went with $0 option Racing Yellow so not taking my own advice. But, if you ordered your car with PTS, what would it be? No need that it be a Porsche-approved colour. Just having a bit of fun.

I will start off with saying that Viper Green with Satinmat Carrera S wheels would look very appealing to my eyes.

Attachments

Reactions: beaverlake

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
I love the Viper Green on one of the early 70s 911s here. I am very happy with the racing yellow so I was happy to not have to splurge for PTS. :) I don't have the PTS list handy at the moment, so I will be lazy and say that peridot green (Cayman R) would also be appealing and some of the blues and oranges.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
+1 viper green, I was going to say that before I read everyone's posts. Saw a green viper on the road once, it was amazing. Black racing stripes on it as well, was awesome, but not sure if it would work on a 981.

However, +1 on the deep candy apple red metallic as well. Phenomenal color. If Porsche made a metallic red, I may have chosen it.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
+1 viper green, I was going to say that before I read everyone's posts. Saw a green viper on the road once, it was amazing. Black racing stripes on it as well, was awesome, but not sure if it would work on a 981.

However, +1 on the deep candy apple red metallic as well. Phenomenal color. If Porsche made a metallic red, I may have chosen it.
While LG is not a C, I love Ruby Red and would have then considered as a PTS. But now do not even remember if it was even available for 2013 B.

ruby red 911.jpg A nice Christmas color.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Ice Green Metallic. In the '70s I got a good look up close at an Ice Green Metallic 911 Targa sitting in the dealer show room. It made a gorgeous presentation with all of the curved surfaces and black detail surface features.

Here's a photo of a 914 in the color.
iceGreen914.jpg

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ice Green Metallic. In the '70s I got a good look up close at an Ice Green Metallic 911 Targa sitting in the dealer show room. It made a gorgeous presentation with all of the curved surfaces and black detail surface features.

Here's a photo of a 914 in the color.
View attachment 54257
Channelling Lime Gold??

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd love to get a PTS colour, but I don't think we could ever come to a conclusion about it. I'd lead towards a purple. We used to have a very nice purple MINI ("Purple Haze", aka "Black Eyed Purple"), I miss the colour.

I think there have been Porsches in purple, but there don't seem to be any on the current PTS list.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts